• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Nabisco hits insane raw price

107 posts in this topic

Finally, Darthdiesel, you are right about being able to put up a bid, but your motivation was a little vindictive , don't you think? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll give you that point, but in the end, if I had won the book, it's still my money going into flannery's pocket. I don't owe flannery any loyalty to let his "unprotected" auctions go to protect his BIN price? I can only wish his auctions the best and hope that they end at fair market value everytime, sans shennigans. You and ghoti have asked where to get the Nabiscos before and I promoted flannery as THE easiest place to get them on ebay - sorry I can't give him 100% approval which you may have sought, but that is just one opinion on here. Other guys, who I respect and have dealt with as well, have posted about great deals with him. Take whichever opinon suits you best and run with it.

I do not like auctions being messed with.....PERIOD! I have had people pull out at the last minute so the bids disappear and the books I had up went for nothing. So far, I had only lost two books this way, but it really pissed me off

What you are talking about are bid retractions and at no time ever have I done this on flannery nor do I ever plan to. If I bid incorrectly on a book, I ask the seller to remove my bid administratively first as I didn't like that marking in my profile when I had done the retraction myself.

Soooooooo, Its the holiday season and all through the forum,.....

Im passing eveyone a nice cup of cheer followed by a whiskey shooter headbang.gif

sorry for acting like a jerk...probably brought on by lack of sleep and too many diaper changes boo.gif Happy Holidays to you guys too smile.gif

Nope, I dont think ya acted like a jerk DD. After all, since being a member here, I think many newbs and old timers intentionally drive discussions into the "red zone". I think too many on here give too much credit to the value and worth of books they dont own, are not bidding on, especially when they arent a dealer or seller. Basically, this book, like every other book on the market, will end up at what someone is willing to pay, despite what we all think of its worth. But feel free to bid on any of my pathetic auctions anytime, even if it is only $10.

Basically, this book, like every other book on the market, will end up at what someone is willing to pay, despite what we all think of its worth.

This is what ios basicaly comes down to on everything in this world. I my self think the book is worth 50-125.00 and if I'm out bided than o well.

Really, I feel this really is a very collectible modern mroeso than many others just because of its low print run for this cover (even though Im not exactely sure what the actual number is). But there are apparently many in 9.6 and prolly a few more left to come out in 9.8 but when you do compare this issue to many or all of the other normal print run moderns, I believe this issues 9.6 and 9.8 numbers are always going to be much lower (thus the low print run and black cover). No one is quite sure how many Dave has but Im sure he has a few more. But I think as far as worth, given todays speculative market, this book could go for several thousand in 9.8 like it or not, believe its worth it or not. I paid much lower for my 9.8 but I got lucky, the seller had a buy it now option. Do I feel its worth what I paid? To me it was but I just like the books cover. Funny though, when x-men 101 9.8 ends at $4k and this book could potentially end at half of that or closer.

Also, to follow up. Look at the timing of this book. It originally came out right when CGC had just popped up. It was very unexpected and not many were actually pursued by collectors. Flannery (Dave) seems to be the only one who originally picked up on it. I think if this same book had been released today, which perhaps you could compare to the sketch and incentive covers, it would not be nearly as collectible and scarce in 9.8 as it is. Because, for many high grade collectors like myself and (not to put myself in the same crowd) speculators, 9.8 and white pages is unfortunately, the only grade that matters for MODERN books