• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Nabisco hits insane raw price

107 posts in this topic

There are actually 3 up there at this time. The cheapest one is from Flannery @ $97.00. I saw that Darthdiesel was bidding on it too!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wanna place bets on where the three will end? I say $450.00 on Flannery $1100.00 on 4 kitty cats, and no bids on the $1499.00 one from taste_of_h8red popcorn.gif.

Anyone catch this sale on eBay ?

All I can say is: screwy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gif

Completely agree with you here. Way way too many copies here to keep the price up in this range. And ALL of them in high grade condition also. What's so key about this book anyways?

If the Platinum Spidey #1 which was a key book by a big name artist at the time couldn't maintain it's $1K price, how can a Wolverine common issue do it. May as well wait 5 to 10 years and pick one up for $65 when it is guiding back at $100.

I saw that Darthdiesel was bidding on it too!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You a loyal customer of Dave's? But let me answer your insinuations that I maybe warning folks away with my posts to eliminate competition: first bid busts the outlandish BIN, note that I did not bid again after being the $10 first bid.

Bid to win at your own risk.

All I can say is: screwy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gif

Completely agree with you here. Way way too many copies here to keep the price up in this range. And ALL of them in high grade condition also. What's so key about this book anyways?

If the Platinum Spidey #1 which was a key book by a big name artist at the time couldn't maintain it's $1K price, how can a Wolverine common issue do it. May as well wait 5 to 10 years and pick one up for $65 when it is guiding back at $100.

if within 5 years you have these nabisco for sell at 65$, don't forget to contact me... insane.gifshy.gifcloud9.gif

You a loyal customer of Dave's? But let me answer your insinuations that I maybe warning folks away with my posts to eliminate competition: first bid busts the outlandish BIN, note that I did not bid again after being the $10 first bid.

Yes, the noble sport of BIN busting. Great fun that! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah... that was my auction cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifyay.gif

I wasn't really looking at selling, but if people are going to pay stupid prices I may as well get in on the action. I bought that one raw for $100 grin.gif . I bought another one about three weeks ago for $130. It all works out for me.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now this sounds like a ton of fun but doesn't this help rasie the prices of books? I'm sure selllers want mind but what about those who want this book who knows it's only worth a fraction of the price being asked for it? Also I wonder if this could be the first ( may not be the first but you kow what I mean) of many mondern books that people pump hype into causeing even more outrageous prices on.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now this sounds like a ton of fun but doesn't this help rasie the prices of books? I'm sure selllers want mind but what about those who want this book who knows it's only worth a fraction of the price being asked for it? Also I wonder if this could be the first ( may not be the first but you kow what I mean) of many mondern books that people pump hype into causeing even more outrageous prices on.

What? Where do you get this from my bidding $10 on a book that if properly graded is worth to me $500? (CGC 9.6) Ghoti, if I am right, was poking at me for posting against the seller and his dubious grading and then my bidding on same seller's items. confused-smiley-013.gif I bid according to what the book is worth to me. It so happened that my $10 marker bid bust the insanely high BIN that was on this auction, set that way to capitalize on the fervor from the $1000 sale earlier that week. Did you just misread something or are you another Flannery faithful? screwy.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What? Where do you get this from my bidding $10 on a book that if properly graded is worth to me $500? (CGC 9.6) Ghoti, if I am right, was poking at me for posting against the seller and his dubious grading and then my bidding on same seller's items. confused-smiley-013.gif I bid according to what the book is worth to me. It so happened that my $10 marker bid bust the insanely high BIN that was on this auction, set that way to capitalize on the fervor from the $1000 sale earlier that week. Did you just misread something or are you another Flannery faithful? screwy.gif

Maybe more misunderstood than misread. As for flannery I wonder if he every worked for Nabisco smirk.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe more misunderstood than misread. As for flannery I wonder if he every worked for Nabisco smirk.gif

sorry... bottom line on this book is that yes it is hard to come by, but it seems that this one seller has an unlimited supply of them regardless of what his auctions claim. It has gone thru low selling periods. this time around just happens to be high for one reason or another. It is still worth more than being relegated into the 25 cent bin 5-10 yrs down the road, but to me, it is not worth what they have been going for lately. Seeing them sell at $75 - $200 raw is more my speed.

Aren't you reading a little more into the simple observation that you were bidding on the auction. I did not see any editorializing, whatsoever. There was just an observation. You sir, are REALLY sensitive when it comes to Flannery,Nabisco variations, and the mere mention of Dave's Comics. What the hell is the justification for you to interfere with an auction? How would YOU like it if someone started to manipulate your auctions? THAT REALLY SUCKS, DUDE! And then you start to accuse anyone defending the guy of being a loyal follower of Flannery. Drink some decaffeinated coffee! mad.gifsumo.gif

Aren't you reading a little more into the simple observation that you were bidding on the auction. I did not see any editorializing, whatsoever. There was just an observation.

You may have a point there; yet when read in context with Ghoti's other posts, I'd say it was more than just a mere observation. If it was, why even post it? and in this thread in particular?

What the hell is the justification for you to interfere with an auction? How would YOU like it if someone started to manipulate your auctions? THAT REALLY SUCKS, DUDE!

Spare me the unjustly wronged seller speech.

Anyone can bid on an auction on ebay at any time. There is my justification. If I won it at $10 then I would have paid for it. Tell me where I ever said I wouldn't pay? What am I doing that is against eBay policy? How is that auction interference? Since when are bidders not welcome on open auctions? You want to sell it for a certain price, then pay the piper and set a reserve or set the starting bid at what you'd be comfortable to sell it at. If you don't want someone bidding on your auctions, then block them confused-smiley-013.gif These are all legit and easily available ways for sellers to use to insure they get the price they want. So if someone else on here bid above $9.99 start on that auction, you'd accuse them of auction interference?

How would I like it if people manipulated my auctions? I'm sure it happens all the time. I'm sure the variant collectors have discussed which books they still need amongst themselves and worked out deals off ebay about who is going for which book of mine and who is going to lay off. That is all part of the game. I'm glad if someone bids my stuff up, as long as they pay in the end. What really sucks is people like you who are just plain shills for someone coming on here in the guise of looking for an innocent opinion on a book or seller and when it goes against your particular bent or party you are promoting, break out the ad hominem attacks. People come on here for opinons and I'm glad to give mine based on past experience.

where the hell do you get sensitive from? do you see me flying into a rage? cuz I'm reporting a "not so positive" experience with this seller? Go check the daily threads in General about "attn: ebay seller fraud alert" or "Overgrading seller" etc. and you'll see my posts about my personal ebay and off ebay experiences with seller: flannery pale in comparison to the flaming outright accusations of fraud, theft and maltreatment of the comic buyer that forumites love to levy against eBay sellers.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

perhaps a little too aggressive to be a disinterested party

popcorn.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Go back and read all of OMERTA and Ghoti's posts. I swear it's like 2 twins talking about 98% of the time on the Nabisco variant and Flannery so it's pretty hilarious when I'm being accused as the one "obsessed" with the seller. Do I want the Wolverine 145 Nabisco? Yes. Do I want to pay flannery's asking price to hand pick one for me that'll come back a 9.6 or 9.8? Hell no. I'll prefer to bid on them when he puts 'em up on ebay just like everybody else does at what I'm comfortable paying. It's funny but these shills are actually defeating their purpose by chastising people for bidding on their auctions foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gif

What the hell is the justification for you to interfere with an auction? How would YOU like it if someone started to manipulate your auctions? THAT REALLY SUCKS, DUDE! And then you start to accuse anyone defending the guy of being a loyal follower of Flannery. Drink some decaffeinated coffee! mad.gifsumo.gif

Not that Darth did anything wrong, but why the hell wouldn't a person mess with Flannery's auctions? Flannery isn't an innocent little seller by any stretch of the imagination.

Earlier this year I was trying to sell a couple of the Nabisco's that I had. Every time I put one up for auction Flannery would come in and start an auction that ended one day before mine and one that ended one day behind mine (with 4 days to go on mine he's start a 3 day auction and a 5 day auction). He did this at a time that he hadn't posted one for sale in over 30 days according to the "completed auctions" feature. The problem with this is that I would state that mine were VF/NM - NM- (which was accurate) and he would just put NM - Mint. He did it specifically to catch bids from people looking at my auctions. He couldn't just let someone else sell one. If you actually pay attentions to the Nabisco's you will notice that there is Never a time when one sells that isn't Flannery's without him posting at least one of his for sale.

Seems to me if he's going to play games the rest of us can too. confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

perhaps a little too aggressive to be a disinterested party

popcorn.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Go back and read all of OMERTA and Ghoti's posts. I swear it's like 2 twins talking about 98% of the time on the Nabisco variant and Flannery so it's pretty hilarious when I'm being accused as the one "obsessed" with the seller. Do I want the Wolverine 145 Nabisco? Yes. Do I want to pay flannery's asking price to hand pick one for me that'll come back a 9.6 or 9.8? Hell no. I'll prefer to bid on them when he puts 'em up on ebay just like everybody else does at what I'm comfortable paying. It's funny but these shills are actually defeating their purpose by chastising people for bidding on their auctions foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gif

27_laughing.gif I have read their posts and this is the only topic they have an interest in. Rather limited collecting interests if you ask me. If they want to be convincing shills they should at least put some time into it and make it look good. People just don't take pride in their work anymore. tonofbricks.gif

If he reaaly did try to hurt your auctions by posting his , that is wrong too, in my opinion. I do not like auctions being messed with.....PERIOD! I have had people pull out at the last minute so the bids disappear and the books I had up went for nothing. So far, I had only lost two books this way, but it really pissed me off.

As to being a shill, thanks for the confidence in my posts 27_laughing.gif but while I may only appear to be interested in the Wolverine Nabisco , I had asked about what other books I should consider like that book and nobody has suggested anything remotely like it. Ghoti asked where he could find another source for the Wolverine book, besides Flannery, since he holds the cards, apparently. Ghoti is like me in his interest but I certainly speak for myself and I do not tell him what to post.

Finally, Darthdiesel, you are right about being able to put up a bid, but your motivation was a little vindictive , don't you think? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif