• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA 44 9.4 and 9.6 NORTHLAND BOTH SELL

35 posts in this topic

I'm actually starting to do the same but mainly with covers that show the Sub-Mariner (70-101) and I'm trying to do 9.4's and above, but I have included some obvious beauties such as #93, 99, 100 and 101. Ah heck they are all nice and I'm actually tempted to buy up 9.2's because they are so cheap. I think you can scoop up most of these at bargin prices through EBay.

Stay away from 9.2's. You only want to buy 9.4,9.6 or 9.8's preferably from pedigree collections. No matter what the cost, those books are worth it. wink.gif

Except for #77. Take a 9.2 if you can get it. takeit.gifImpossible to get in 9.4 or above (Census - 1 x 9.8, 1 x 9.6, 0 x 9.4, 2 x 9.2)!

Except for #77. Take a 9.2 if you can get it. Impossible to get in 9.4 or above (Census - 1 x 9.8, 1 x 9.6, 0 x 9.4, 2 x 9.2)!

I didn't notice that.

Now how am I going to put together a run from #59-101 in 9.4 (or higher) unless I steal a #77 from one of the two big boys. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm actually starting to do the same but mainly with covers that show the Sub-Mariner (70-101) and I'm trying to do 9.4's and above, but I have included some obvious beauties such as #93, 99, 100 and 101. Ah heck they are all nice and I'm actually tempted to buy up 9.2's because they are so cheap. I think you can scoop up most of these at bargin prices through EBay.

Stay away from 9.2's. You only want to buy 9.4,9.6 or 9.8's preferably from pedigree collections. No matter what the cost, those books are worth it. wink.gif

Except for #77. Take a 9.2 if you can get it. takeit.gifImpossible to get in 9.4 or above (Census - 1 x 9.8, 1 x 9.6, 0 x 9.4, 2 x 9.2)!

Something's odd about the low census numbers as these books seem to be plentiful? No?

Except for #77. Take a 9.2 if you can get it. Impossible to get in 9.4 or above (Census - 1 x 9.8, 1 x 9.6, 0 x 9.4, 2 x 9.2)!

Nice job on some of those TTA sales. Now if you will just come down a bit on the one's I'm bidding on, then I can fatten up my collection. grin.gif

I didn't notice that.

Now how am I going to put together a run from #59-101 in 9.4 (or higher) unless I steal a #77 from one of the two big boys. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Buy a few raw 9.0s and 8.5s, then clean, press and submit...voila! devil.gif

Buy a few raw 9.0s and 8.5s, then clean, press and submit...voila!

Does every thread eventually have to be reduced to a Pressing is Restoration issue?

But on that note, I really don't believe 99.999999% of the books be upgraded from a 9.0 to a 9.4. Pressing DOESN'T get out actual COLOR BREAKING CREASES, does it?

Buy a few raw 9.0s and 8.5s, then clean, press and submit...voila!

Does every thread eventually have to be reduced to a Pressing is Restoration issue?

But on that note, I really don't believe 99.999999% of the books be upgraded from a 9.0 to a 9.4. Pressing DOESN'T get out actual COLOR BREAKING CREASES, does it?

i don't knoiw about the 99.999999% issue but agree that for a HG book to be upgraded via pressing by more than a single notch, it would have to be of the variety that completely lends itself to this process. ie., a book who's only flaw/flaws is/are non-color breaking spine creases, subscription ceases, humidity induced wavy edges, bent overhangs etc........

pressing won't make color breaking creases disappear, repair tears, remove dirt, improve gloss, etc., although it may make some of them less objectionable to look at........IMHO.

a book who's only flaw/flaws is/are non-color breaking spine creases, subscription ceases, humidity induced wavy edges, bent overhangs etc........

Which are all flaws that most dealers and many collectors don't downgrade for as much as CGC does. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But back to the original thread topic, when are we going to see some of your precious TTA's hit the market?

a book who's only flaw/flaws is/are non-color breaking spine creases, subscription ceases, humidity induced wavy edges, bent overhangs etc........

Which are all flaws that most dealers and many collectors don't downgrade for as much as CGC does. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But back to the original thread topic, when are we going to see some of your precious TTA's hit the market?

look in comics general for the pretty marvels of the day............ thumbsup2.gif

In my opinion, CGC doesn`t penalize bent overhang very much at all.

Probably None. I agree.

But they do penalize a lot for non-color breaking crease (especially around the spine). The ones that never show up in a scan. And the ones many dealers and collectors don't factor into the grade at all.

Probably None. I agree.

But they do penalize a lot for non-color breaking crease (especially around the spine). The ones that never show up in a scan. And the ones many dealers and collectors don't factor into the grade at all.

Correct, and this was one of the reasons CGC got my respect immediately, because I always penalized for this and it bugged the hell out of me that most dealers did not. I remember in the old days when dealers would look at me as if I was some kind of nut because I would always pull the book out of the mylar and then look at it up in the light to inspect for non-color breaking creases.

Another "collector" I guess who got tired of the book or found a better copy?

I don't believe it sold last time. Now that the ones on Pedigree Comics sold, he didn't put a reserve but started the bidding right at the sale price of the TTA #44 CGC 9.4. And I doubt that he found a better copy.

This is one of the times you are exactly correct when you said "people are looking for any reason NOT to buy the book". I didn't because of the funky discoloration on the Curator copy.