• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Problems EVERYWHERE

11 posts in this topic

In just looking through sets marked "Updated" beginning with letter "A" and I see strange issues being included: The set All-Flash 1-32 now has several issues of "Terrors of Dracula" in the lead spots. I'm not going to look though everything, but I'd suggest CGC folks checking out EVERY set marked "updated" for monkey business.

Something systemic is going on.

Gemma/Nicole,

There are some St.John romance titles that are listed in the census, but when I try to add new competitive sets to these titles in the registry section, they are not listed on the menus??? Diary Secrets, Pictorial Romances, Wartime Romances,True Love Pictorial. Can you remedy this?

Thank you

In just looking through sets marked "Updated" beginning with letter "A" and I see strange issues being included: The set All-Flash 1-32 now has several issues of "Terrors of Dracula" in the lead spots. I'm not going to look though everything, but I'd suggest CGC folks checking out EVERY set marked "updated" for monkey business.

Something systemic is going on.

Yep! Even Batman is messed up!

It isn't every set that is marked updated but it is a lot. After more than a decade of reasonable accuracy, the registry sets have been beset by enormous errors. What's going on with this?

There was an error with an upload. I am working on getting fixed. If you find any issues with any other sets please shoot me an e-mail.

npaternostro@cgccomics.com

Thanks,

Nicole

There was an error with an upload. I am working on getting fixed. If you find any issues with any other sets please shoot me an e-mail.

npaternostro@cgccomics.com

Thanks,

Nicole

Every issue ending with 7 is missing from the All-Flash 1-32 set.

Fortunately it seems that most is fixed now (at least in my sets). I have extensive descriptions to some of the affected books, and some descriptions have taken years to develop and refine, so it would have been a minor catastrophe if these descriptions got deleted - fortunately both the descriptions and the photos reappeared, when I reinserted the affected books into their respective sets.

But it did occur to me as kind of strange that the wrong titles (that I saw) all seemed to have very sinister and occult themes - Dracula, Witches, Voodoo, Vault of Horror :devil: etc., but of course it may all be a coincidence.

The good thing is that my Conan the Barbarian 1-24 set is now number 1 :acclaim::whee:

- until CarlD fixes his set, sigh :ohnoez:

I feel like CGC could use some software engineering help. I imagine there are dozens and dozens of long term members on this board who would be happy to help for free.

I run a software development company, and I feel like in under two weeks I could set their database up to be instantly update-able by anyone with zero computer skills.

Adding registry sets and updating them seems far FAR too time consuming and complicated. Even the idea that something needs to be "uploaded" to make a change sounds burdensome. It should be point and click, easy beezrey...

Let all your nerd supporters be unleashed, open source gets the job done, and you cant beat free.