• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a really tough one to price! D.C. #27 May 1939

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am going to be putting up for sale soon Detective Comics #27 May 1939 Issue. I havent had the book CGC graded yet, but I would say that it fits in to the good/ very good category. I have read quite a few pricing guides and this comic book is very expensive. What would be the best place to sell a comic book of this magnitude and should I list a price or just wait for offers? What would be a fair price for this book? Mind you it's not in mint condition...Thanks- Chance

Get it CGC'd first. That would make a big difference in price (especially if it comes back unrestored). In order to find out the market value, log on to GPA Analysis.com (once the book comes back from CGC) and the site will tell you what that book, in that grade, has been selling for.

Then consign it to Heritage or Comiclink. It'd only do well on ebay if you're a longtime seller with a large feedback rating.

And that's it. I'd say you could apply this to any major key in average to low grade.

Lotsa Luck!!

Hello,

I am going to be putting up for sale soon Detective Comics #27 May 1939 Issue. I havent had the book CGC graded yet, but I would say that it fits in to the good/ very good category. I have read quite a few pricing guides and this comic book is very expensive. What would be the best place to sell a comic book of this magnitude and should I list a price or just wait for offers? What would be a fair price for this book? Mind you it's not in mint condition...Thanks- Chance

If it's an original it's worth tens of thousands, if it's a reprint it's worth less than ten bucks. Keep in mind the reprints will also say "May 1939" on the cover.

West

If you're not sure as to whether or not it's a reprint, why not just go ahead and send it CGC. If it is a reprint edition, it's certainly going to get noticed and slabbed as such. Plus, if it is the real deal, slabbing it will likely earn you a much higher selling price, as even a .5 difference in grading equals many thousands of dollars on that book. Most potential buyers will be more reserved in their bidding if the book is raw, knowing what kind of cash is at stake even in a .5 grade differentiation.