• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Threads...

101 posts in this topic

This is what I feel like I see in a large number of WTB threads:

Hi (insert board name here, usually someone with very little "experience" on the boards) I WTB (insert book here, usually a SA Key or "hot" book). Please PM me with details.

However, I forgot to mention that I am only willing to entertain prices that are 60% of recent GPA or less and I don't accept any defects on low grade books.

Have a nice day!"

I am no saint and I try to pay less than GPA and start my sales around GPA average/high as well, but seriously…

rantrant

Happy Saturday Everyone! :hi:

I've gotten good results from all of my previous WTB threads. I always reply to all offers.

For some reason, my two current threads are deathsvilles... :(

That's why you're in the 5% minority - because you answer all questions (in speddy fashion I might add) and are genuinely interested in purchasing the books. You're a stand-up member of these Boards and people look up to you. You're a Saint. However, most folks who post their WTB threads either want 50% of GPA prices or they've been drinking and although they really DO want to buy those books they have no money and forgot this because they're drinking.

:gossip: You need any Flash books? I just got some really good stuff m'man.

I've gotten good results from all of my previous WTB threads. I always reply to all offers.

For some reason, my two current threads are deathsvilles... :(

That's why you're in the 5% minority - because you answer all questions (in speddy fashion I might add) and are genuinely interested in purchasing the books. You're a stand-up member of these Boards and people look up to you. You're a Saint. However, most folks who post their WTB threads either want 50% of GPA prices or they've been drinking and although they really DO want to buy those books they have no money and forgot this because they're drinking.

lol but the truth often is

However, most folks who post their WTB threads either want 50% of GPA prices or they've been drinking and although they really DO want to buy those books they have no money and forgot this because they're drinking.

You know me too well dammit.

Or they bump WTB posts from 6 years earlier... :whistle:

However, most folks who post their WTB threads either want 50% of GPA prices or they've been drinking and although they really DO want to buy those books they have no money and forgot this because they're drinking.

You know me too well dammit.

Or they bump WTB posts from 6 years earlier... :whistle:

6 and 1/2 idjit. But yes, I did that. Honestly, I thought that those would be like instant PM's.

My selling threads are a roll of the dice..Sometimes stuff sells quick and sometimes it just sits. And sometimes I just get pathetic lowball offers. Biggest thing I hate is when I get 500 views and no GL or nice books bumps and its on page 4 in 2 days lol.

You're my kinda guy Illustrious :golfclap:

Hi (insert board name here, usually someone with very little "experience" on the boards) I WTB (insert book here, usually a SA Key or "hot" book). Please PM me with details.

However, I forgot to mention that I am only willing to entertain prices that are 60% of recent GPA or less and I don't accept any defects on low grade books.

Have a nice day!"

I am no saint and I try to pay less than GPA and start my sales around GPA average/high as well, but seriously…

rantrant

Just out of curiosity, but does anyone truly have luck with WTB threads? I've posted roughly 7-10 in the past year. I've had very little success. I completed two purchases, but they were all for cheap stuff.

So sure, we can complain about the poor thread starters, but the whole thing is sort of a waste…

Have a nice day!"

rantrant

Just out of curiosity, but does anyone truly have luck with WTB threads? I've posted roughly 7-10 in the past year. I've had very little success. I completed two purchases, but they were all for cheap stuff.

So sure, we can complain about the poor thread starters, but the whole thing is sort of a waste…

It has worked for me several times. It has failed for me many, many more times. But I keep on truckin' and I am normally looking for weird stuff.