• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When will the Walking Dead thread bubble burst?

21 posts in this topic

Let me come back and answer two to five years after the television show is cancelled. That is when the truest test of the long term validity of this book will begin.

I for one will not be buying a WD #1 anytime soon. That does not mean much however as speculation and nostalgia do not mix very well.

Let me come back and answer two to five years after the television show is cancelled. That is when the truest test of the long term validity of this book will begin.

I for one will not be buying a WD #1 anytime soon. That does not mean much however as speculation and nostalgia do not mix very well.

I honestly think that WD has longevity written all over it, especially if the series continues to exhibit the high quality shown thus far. I'm going to invite serious jeers but we might be talking about WD along with M.A.S.H, Cheers and (gasp!) Seinfeld in terms of staying power. A revolving cast has a lot to do with it - it keeps things fresh (unlike the WD themselves).

As far as the book is concerned there just aren't that many #1's out there and devotees of both the comic and show will probably keep supply and demand at an uneven keel.

I'm just bummed that Steve Niles' "Remains" wasn't the zombie book that took off.....

I honestly think that WD has longevity written all over it, especially if the series continues to exhibit the high quality shown thus far. I'm going to invite serious jeers but we might be talking about WD along with M.A.S.H, Cheers and (gasp!) Seinfeld in terms of staying power. A revolving cast has a lot to do with it - it keeps things fresh (unlike the WD themselves).

As far as the book is concerned there just aren't that many #1's out there and devotees of both the comic and show will probably keep supply and demand at an uneven keel.

I'm just bummed that Steve Niles' "Remains" wasn't the zombie book that took off.....

:signfunny:

Oh wait, are you being serious? :facepalm: