• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this Avengers 12

17 posts in this topic

I bought both the Avengers 17 and this 12 off of Metro. lmk what you think. Obvious defects:

TURC some creasing, very light and does not affect the books inner pages. Also a small and light stain on the BTE.

Avengers12Front.jpg

Back cover

Avengers12Back.jpg

If the stain is just natural discoloration (and doesn't show on the interior cover) than the book might be a 8.5?

Spine looks great. Overhang has wear, but it shows up much worse because of the black cover. I don't like the dirt on the back cover, but there would be barely any downgrade for that (per CGC standards).

Very Nice copy.

Is there a very very small missing piece of the upper left corner or is it just the binding?

From your scans front and back...looks like a very small piece is missing. (I could be seeing things...I did get that Lasik surgery done...who knows what I will be seeing now)

I'll split the difference between Diva and Zip and say 7.0. Structurally very tight, but that corner looks kinda bad, the stain's fairly sizable, cover looks a tad faded/worn, and the dirt patterns along the back cover spine suggest to me that there are some NCB creases on FC that can't be seen in the scan.

The urc is not as bad as it looks, however, it is still a large defect. The cover looks better in person than the scan shows. I believe that a 7.5 is probably fair. It is a copy that I will wind up having to upgrade later. It will cost me a little bit of money in selling that, and buying a better copy. However, like when I bought off of Sulipa ( bought from both at the same time) it was a learning experience.

The stain kills it...

The stain does not necessarily kill it. If it was water damage, yes, but just some slight discoloration, no.

Well kill is a little too strong.

8.0 to 7.0 hurts though. frown.gif

I think when i posted my X-Men 100 and 101, someone made the comment,

"there are nice looking vf's and not so nice looking vf's" I think this fall into the latter. It will have to be upgraded at a later date, but for right now, it fits in the collection just fine. thanks for the opinons guys thumbsup2.gif