• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prices! What's Up With The 80s? posted by bagofleas

22 posts in this topic

I think some of the prices are because the signature series but from personal experience it seems a lot easier to just pay more for 9.8 than it is to buy a bunch of raw copies submit them, wait, wait some more and then hope one comes back a 9.8

Plus those of us children of the 80s finally have a little disposable income so the $100+ if we just want a few memories and not a whole collection is not such a big deal.

I like the point made by Sean about those of us born in the 70s and 80s going back and buying what was popular in our youth. There is also the point about movie hype and I can see that.

Could it also be that we have gotten used to, and took for granted, that 80 and 90s books, particularly Marvels and DCs, were readily available for so long and? Could the so called well be drying up? (shrug)

I realize there are many more factors that can play into this, and it's never really that simple. Good discussion!