• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undervalued Bronze keys?

339 posts in this topic

DC SPECIAL SERIES #21

1st Frank Miller Batman

This one. Super hard to find in grade. not a single 9.8 on census and very low population numbers.

Sorry to say, but all the recent speculator activity is on movie/TV-tie-ins, and that's it.

Which is why this might be a juicey pick. While the market zigs we can zag here. :grin:

Must blindly follow ... :insane:

:whistle:

I think the first appearances of Power Girl and Huntress are both still undervalued. While I'm sure there was some speculation on these when they came out, my impression is that they weren't speculated on nearly as much as comparable Marvel books like Ms. Marvel #1 and She-Hulk #1.

I think the first appearances of Power Girl and Huntress are both still undervalued. While I'm sure there was some speculation on these when they came out, my impression is that they weren't speculated on nearly as much as comparable Marvel books like Ms. Marvel #1 and She-Hulk #1.

AS 58 took a huge spike several years ago. I'm not sure how much growth it has, absent (sorry about saying it again) TV/movie hype. The DC Special book is a good call.

AS 58 took a huge spike several years ago. I'm not sure how much growth it has, absent (sorry about saying it again) TV/movie hype. The DC Special book is a good call.

I agree.

How about this one?

DCSuperstars11.jpg

This book still has some legs :grin: for sure and the Huntress app. definitely has growth potential based on her increased inclusion into the Batman franchise on a consistent basis these past few years.

I agree.

How about this one?

DCSuperstars11.jpg

Is that all reprints?

I agree.

How about this one?

DCSuperstars11.jpg

Is that all reprints?

Yeah, The Zatana story is an Adventure Comics reprint, so probably no real potential there.

I agree.

How about this one?

DCSuperstars11.jpg

Is that all reprints?

Yeah, The Zatana story is an Adventure Comics reprint, so probably no real potential there.

That's a great cover and tough in high grade.

I wish I had Sean's stash.

You would make a fortune just pressing and subbing my Conans

Which numbers?

Maybe you should do it so you can move out of your home in the slums of Dayton?

But I just can't see an ensemble character like Gamora suddenly becoming popular enough to justify current prices.

This situation is almost exactly like Lady Deathstrike - when she was announced for the X-Men movies, her books went crazy, there were issues with determining her actual first appearance, and CGC9.8 copies flew off eBay.

Now... not so much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpha-Flight-33-CGC-Graded-9-6-1st-Appearance-Of-Lady-Deathstrike-Wolverine-/181303935111?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a368e8087

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpha-Flight-33-CGC-9-8-1st-Lady-Deathstrike-WHITE-Pgs-/141163217593?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ddfbc2b9&nma=true&si=aTcC0eXMWghiXIXWDhOkNQ%252BJCWg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-1964-1st-Series-197-CGC-9-8-1021263004-/131103183338?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e865bd1ea

Not similar in the least. You're talking about a copper book from 86. And last I checked Lady Deathstrike wasn't integral to any movie franchise.

Okay Mr 41 Posts, I guess you don't remember when LD was being hyped up as a "major player" in the X-Men movies - give it a few years and Gamora will be similarly forgotten.

This is why I rarely post on these boards is because of people like 'Joe Collector'. Says more about the poster in having absolutely no respect for those that don't have lots of posts then Fantastic Fan - very sad really apart from being utterly childish. What could be a perfectly reasonable discussion about people's opinions on comics is time and time again reduced to insulting the poster/ad hominem attacks just because they don't have 1000's of posts. Thank goodness they're other options where posters are treated with respect like Lyria.

Seems like one post here and these books become "Bronze age books that are heating up on eBay"

These boards have been the catalyst for quite a few surges in popularity of formerly unknown books.

Can't get that on Lyria, can you, brother?

I wish I had Sean's stash.

You would make a fortune just pressing and subbing my Conans

Which numbers?

Maybe you should do it so you can move out of your home in the slums of Dayton?

I have more than enough house. lol

DC SPECIAL SERIES #21

1st Frank Miller Batman

This one. Super hard to find in grade. not a single 9.8 on census and very low population numbers.

This book has always blown my mind. One of my all-time favorite books, and all through the 80s I could never understand why it didn't really command a premium. Almost always have binder tears, and the black cover seems to show every flaw.

But I just can't see an ensemble character like Gamora suddenly becoming popular enough to justify current prices.

This situation is almost exactly like Lady Deathstrike - when she was announced for the X-Men movies, her books went crazy, there were issues with determining her actual first appearance, and CGC9.8 copies flew off eBay.

Now... not so much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpha-Flight-33-CGC-Graded-9-6-1st-Appearance-Of-Lady-Deathstrike-Wolverine-/181303935111?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a368e8087

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpha-Flight-33-CGC-9-8-1st-Lady-Deathstrike-WHITE-Pgs-/141163217593?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ddfbc2b9&nma=true&si=aTcC0eXMWghiXIXWDhOkNQ%252BJCWg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-1964-1st-Series-197-CGC-9-8-1021263004-/131103183338?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e865bd1ea

Not similar in the least. You're talking about a copper book from 86. And last I checked Lady Deathstrike wasn't integral to any movie franchise.

Okay Mr 41 Posts, I guess you don't remember when LD was being hyped up as a "major player" in the X-Men movies - give it a few years and Gamora will be similarly forgotten.

This is why I rarely post on these boards is because of people like 'Joe Collector'. Says more about the poster in having absolutely no respect for those that don't have lots of posts then Fantastic Fan - very sad really apart from being utterly childish. What could be a perfectly reasonable discussion about people's opinions on comics is time and time again reduced to insulting the poster/ad hominem attacks just because they don't have 1000's of posts. Thank goodness they're other options where posters are treated with respect like Lyria.

lol and God forbid you have a dissenting opinion...

DC SPECIAL SERIES #21

1st Frank Miller Batman

Sorry to say, but all the recent speculator activity is on movie/TV-tie-ins, and that's it.

Yes so that is why this one remains undervalued.

How about those DC Survey books? They hardly ever turn up.

For those unfamiliar with them, there are a very small number of 35 cent DC comics that have a survey stapled in the centerfold. I assume some were ripped out and filled in, but there seem to less of these than the 30 cent Marvel test issues, as far as I can tell.