• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undervalued Bronze keys?

339 posts in this topic

What are some undervalued bronze keys out there? One that comes to mind for me is Strange Tales 180, especially in higher grade. There are only 13 in 9.8 on the census, yet the last sale on gpa went for only 750. That's fewer copies in 9.8 than Marvel Premiere 15 of which there are 28 on the census and which routinely sells for around $2k.

Any others?

Not too many, but Power-Man and Iron Fist 66 (2nd Sabertooth) is a good book that can be had for a cheap price.

Fear 11 (a cool Adams cover) is also a good book but really hard to find above 9.0.

A nice well centered Avengers 196 1st Taskmaster is a fun book that isn't too heavy on the pocketbook. (But I would stay away from all the signed copies out there)

35 cent Star Wars variants could be interesting to watch as the movie gets closer but those are already quite expensive.

I wouldn't gamble with ST 180, the prices are already too high for my blood.

Special Marvel Edition 15.

Depends if Marvel thinks Kung-Fu is coming back in a big way but I think it's definitely a key every Bronze Age collector should own.

I still remember that guy on eBay selling off a crate of warehouse copies. :cloud9:

144497.jpg.85ec46b46a1c9c5cc6046d0111625889.jpg

Maybe add Astonishing Tales 25 to the list.

I do think, btw, that Strange Tales 180 has more room for growth in light of the value of some other Bronze keys, one of which is Iron Fist 14. IF14 has 85 9.8s on the census yet the 90 day average on it is north of $1300.

As OP pointed out, ST180 has only 13 9.8s on the census yet the last sale was still only $750. There's definitely room for growth there, especially if the GOTG movie does well.

As OP pointed out, ST180 has only 13 9.8s on the census yet

That's because prior to the movie hype, ST 180 was not a key issue commanding top dollar - looking at the Census on this book against a long-standing key like Marvel Premiere 15 or Iron Fist 14 is not a valid comparison.

And make no mistake, there are plenty of Starlin issues out there as it was collectible almost since it was printed and I can guarantee that the Census numbers will continue to grow.

As OP pointed out, ST180 has only 13 9.8s on the census yet

That's because prior to the movie hype, ST 180 was not a key issue commanding top dollar - looking at the Census on this book against a long-standing key like Marvel Premiere 15 or Iron Fist 14 is not a valid comparison.

And make no mistake, there are plenty of Starlin issues out there as it was collectible almost since it was printed and I can guarantee that the Census numbers will continue to grow.

^^