• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undervalued Bronze keys?

339 posts in this topic

Here's an interesting book I pick up whenever I can find one in HG for cheap. It's a real first appearance, the character appears on the cover, and it's a 25-cent cover.

a3b438b6-c4c7-4fc4-b85e-db7611eb6e37.jpg

hey now.....there is a book I have in one of the box I marked "junk"..need to dig it out to see what shape it is in :grin:

More like "ROM, the street-wise, smart-talking, Space-Bot!"

"Yo, yo, yo, me be ROM, coming atcha homeboys, straight from da 'Dromeda galaxy, putting a cap in da hass of dem Dire Wraiths that be buggin' y'all!"

(worship)

That ghetto-speak stuff in Transformers 2 had to be *the* most embarrassing movie sequence in the history of cinema.

Nope.

Parker strutting down the street in Spidey3 is king.

More like "ROM, the street-wise, smart-talking, Space-Bot!"

"Yo, yo, yo, me be ROM, coming atcha homeboys, straight from da 'Dromeda galaxy, putting a cap in da hass of dem Dire Wraiths that be buggin' y'all!"

(worship)

That ghetto-speak stuff in Transformers 2 had to be *the* most embarrassing movie sequence in the history of cinema.

Nope.

Parker strutting down the street in Spidey3 is king.

I think we need a cage match to decide that one.

And add in the "first-person flailing of Amazing Spider-man" as an honorable mention.

Was just reading this thread and A book I think belongs here is Logans Run # 6 . First Solo Thanos story , way undervalued . Its Thanks and his first story. Still cheap on Ebay. I actually had a few copies years ago as I was a big fan of the movie.

Was just reading this thread and A book I think belongs here is Logans Run # 6 . First Solo Thanos story , way undervalued . Its Thanks and his first story. Still cheap on Ebay. I actually had a few copies years ago as I was a big fan of the movie.

What exactly does it mean to be a "solo" story? The story is 5 pages long and has more panels with Drax the Destroyer than Thanos.

I think this issue is fairly priced but not for the forgettable Thanos/Drax story, but for the 1st Mike Zeck art at Marvel. I don't see this issue being way undervalued however. After all, the story is only 5 pages long and there is no cover appearance. In this age of encapsulation, a character needs to appear on the cover for a book to realize it's potential. For example, Incredible Hulk 271 versus Marvel Preview 7. A more recent example are the issues with the Winter Soldier.

A decent book for the Thanos or Drax collection, but I don't think it is undervalued considering how readily available it is in grade.