• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walt Simonson Autograph - in ?

11 posts in this topic

I've wished that over the past few years (and now) that he would be added to Florida SuperCon, MegaCon or TampaCon. There are too many talented artists and writers that have not been to FL in recent years. You would think with Marvel being owned by Disney that it wouldn't be a tough sell to come visit. haha

He actually lives in Upstate New York.

Not sure about any other signings but he is sketching for Hero Initiative:

http://www.comicartfans.com/hero-registration-2014.asp

If you donate $500, you get a headsketch from Simonson, George Perez, Paolo Rivera and Dan Brereton on top of some other goodies they offer for membership. It all goes to a great cause!

I believe he lives in Connecticut, and he's not a big fan of air travel, so you probably won't see him at many shows outside the Northeast. But he has travelled in the past, he came to the 2013 SDCC because his wife Louise was a special guest due to the 75th anniversary of Superman...

I am sure other shows have been trying to get him (as have I) but just keeping watching the shows' guest lists, I am sure he will say yes eventually. If Florida SuperCon can convince John Romita Sr. to come out, anything is possible. :)

He did Baltimore last year IIRC.

Glad to see him when he came down to SDCC the last 2 times. Kinda cool how he was there the same time both Thor movies came out the same year