• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Score of the century!!

497 posts in this topic

Interesting! Very interesting.

I know there are several local "dealers" who frequently check Kijiji. I am trying to think who "Andrew" might be?

There is a local show here in Winnipeg in a few weeks. If this did happen, it will likely be the talk of the place.

No doubt. I have a couple tables at that show - stop by and introduce yourself. But Winnipeg being the way it is we've probably already met.

Smells like BS to me but who knows. You would think anyone with half a brain would know these books are valuable. Batman and Superman from the late 30s??? would at least get someone to check them out.

Plus if I was selling I would want a drivers lic and an address of the buyer. I am not making a deal with some random guy for 32k

I wonder if google has anything to say about this??

I replied to that same ad this morning and was sent that list as well. I asked how much and if they were interested in parting it out. The only reply I got was a few hours later saying that it was sold. Didn't even mention how much they were asking. I think they were taking offers maybe (shrug)

I didn't even realize exactly what was in the list until looking over it a little more carefully.

And the ad says "39" boxes. Were they comic boxes? Long, short boxes?

Have no idea on what type of boxes but if a local guy starts schleppin' golden age nuggets that's gotta be the mysterious Andrew

Interesting! Very interesting.

I know there are several local "dealers" who frequently check Kijiji. I am trying to think who "Andrew" might be?

There is a local show here in Winnipeg in a few weeks. If this did happen, it will likely be the talk of the place.

No doubt. I have a couple tables at that show - stop by and introduce yourself. But Winnipeg being the way it is we've probably already met.

:hi: I will send you a PM.

Always nice to meet other local collectors!

Wow.

Insane as it seems, I would bet it's real as well. If the person running the ad was trying to scam someone, why pull it and post a follow up like that? Why include Detective 27, but not Superman 1 or Action 1.

Score of the century is right. Hope she finds Andrew.....and no, it's not me. :D

I'd bet it's real.

Start of a brand new urban comic book myth?

I hear tell of a pristine golden collection unearthed way up north in Gimli Manitoba, handed down from the Vikings that conquered the hapless locals.

Very unlikely to be pristine, but if you're just telling a story then go ahead and embellish a bit. (thumbs u

The date of the listing is the 27th. So whoever bought them had to have 32 Large in cash, ready to go.

Yes, I've been re-watching Sherlock these last few days. I'm in for the long haul on this one. :popcorn:

2u95x5s.jpg

If she knew enough to get $32000 then she had enough info that she should have gotten them checked out.

She def should have gotten them checked out but when someone lies and tells her they're not worth much, is she at fault for believing him. She knew they were worth something and 32G sounds like a lot of dough. He may have been a perfectly charming and nice young man.

Why would you believe the person trying to buy them?