• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Saga No. 1 (first print)

7 posts in this topic

Below is issues I can find on the book:

332o2tz.jpg

Good eye! (thumbs u

The darkness at the bottom front spine is not there on the book. Also if you look at the back cover about about 1/12 inches down left side you will see a small vertical dark line that also is not present on the book. I scanned the front and back cover twice and the scanner keeps putting them there. I even cleaned the bed after the first scan.

332o2tz.jpg

Good eye! (thumbs u

The darkness at the bottom front spine is not there on the book. Also if you look at the back cover about about 1/12 inches down left side you will see a small vertical dark line that also is not present on the book. I scanned the front and back cover twice and the scanner keeps putting them there. I even cleaned the bed after the first scan.

The red circles (minus the bottom left corner) look to be spine ticks. Only way I can see them, since Saga 1 cover is brutal hard to grade from scans, is tilting my computer screen. You should be able to feel them if you rub your finger lightly on the spine (make sure to clean your hands first, don't want to get chicken wing sauce on it lol )

332o2tz.jpg

Good eye! (thumbs u

The red circles (minus the bottom left corner) look to be spine ticks. Only way I can see them, since Saga 1 cover is brutal hard to grade from scans, is tilting my computer screen. You should be able to feel them if you rub your finger lightly on the spine (make sure to clean your hands first, don't want to get chicken wing sauce on it lol )

Actually I'm having homemade chili tonight, but I'll be sure to be careful. :grin:

I cleaned the scanner bed again, this time with alcohol and white flannel cloth and rescanned. Now the bottom right spine is even darker but it is not present on the book. (shrug) But your right, there are a few very slight dings along the spine. You are very good!

If this is a 9.6 or 9.8 I'll just keep it raw.