• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World LA 2005

37 posts in this topic

Wow, thanks for correcting me Mitol. That $2.00 really made a huge impact difference.

Wasn't trying to correct you. Plus, how do you know he was asking about moderns only?

Doesn't matter, the rest of the prices were the same. You have been listening to Greggy too long. screwy.gif

Tool! tongue.gif

Wow, thanks for correcting me Mitol. That $2.00 really made a huge impact difference.

Wasn't trying to correct you. Plus, how do you know he was asking about moderns only?

Doesn't matter, the rest of the prices were the same. You have been listening to Greggy too long. screwy.gif

Tool! tongue.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Tool.jpg

Hi, regarding Wizard World LA, I know this will only be the 2nd year, but for those there last year, how big was it? How does it compare to something like Wondercon? I'll be going to Wondercon and am just trying to decide if going to Wiz LA a month later will be worth it. Thanks-----Sid

i'm flying to US in march for a conference in Colorada and since it's my first time to the States i intend to attend Wizard World LA too. i've not been to any comic-con in the past, what shoud i expect? will supplies/bust/comic-related collectibles be sold there as well? this will be a great opportunity for me to buy and save on shipping. thanks for any advice given.

I was at WWLA last year and there was an abundance of non-comic books items. Everything from statues, busts, toys, collectibles, etc.

There were quite a bit of comic vendors in attendance also. If I remember correctly: Harley, Metropolis, Bob Storms, Superworld, and others.

Anyone interested in meeting up for dinner after WWLA? Either somewhere in Long Beach (there's a bunch of restaurants across the street from the convention center) or, if there's enough folks who want to make a 30 minute trip north to West Los Angeles, I could open my home tiki bar and make some Mai Tais for the weary comic fans on these boards...

Take a look at the bar here:

http://www.crowntiki.com

Just a suggestion, as I don't want to host any kind of huge party, but a nice gathering of folks would be fun.

It's going to be my girlfriends first comic con by the way (I'm dragging her kicking and screaming with me on Saturday), so be sure and walk up and chant "ONE OF US! ONE OF US! GOOBLE GOBBLE ONE OF US!" if you see us there!

We had a great dinner last year in Long Beach, although the place we picked was kinda loud and crowded. I'm all for gettting together for dinner. The CGC graders may be a little busy because they are going to do on-site at WWLA.

Whatever it is, I'm in. thumbsup2.gif

I doubt I will be attending the con, so Long Beach is a bit far if it's on Friday, but I'd be interested in meeting other forumites. The wife and kids are leaving town that weekend, so I have to make sure I can work it around that. I guess I'm a maybe for now.