• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your all-star list of boardies you'd go to a comic con with.

186 posts in this topic

If you could go to a comic con with any number of boardies, price be damned, who would it be?

My list:

Define999

Rai-Fan

Rodey

Topnotchman

HarveySwick

Lscomics

Shadrock

Joe-collector

RockMyAmadeus

It would be an interesting couple of days with maybe a nerd fight or two breaking out but overall very informative and fun. However, I think Joe and RMA would get on each others nerves. (thumbs u

If I'm just going to one in general, BleuHawaii is my local comic book bud-in-arms.

If I needed autographs, I'd go with Fingh.

If I needed a beer drinking partner, I'd go with Baltimore Lauren.

If I needed original art, I'd go with DScott.

If I needed comics, I'd go with RMA.

If I needed a deal, I'd go with Brock.

If I needed wingmen, I'd go with Jimmy Linguiniii and Chuck Grower.

If I was going to hang out with boardies, there are way too many guys I like around here to come up with a list. It'd be great to meet anyone, really.

hm

I'd have to go with (in no particular order):

Define999 (actually gonna be happening in a few weeks)

Chespirito

Liaton-9000

Barbarian

TheAmazing R.J.S.

Eerie Publication

porcupine48

Gonza_Arana

Anfield Fox

lobstrosity

Silent Master

gmedina64

MedicAR

vailant

Probably the OP too. :baiting:lol

In reality, you probably wouldn't want to go with me.

I went to my first major con - Boston Comic Con - last August. I felt so lost and :ohnoez:

It took me three attempts to go up to Terry Moore to get him to sign something for me as I was :shy: and all I could muster with James O'Barr was "Thank you" and ran away like a school girl meeting Justin Bieber! lol

I went to my first major con - Boston Comic Con - last August. I felt so lost and :ohnoez:

It took me three attempts to go up to Terry Moore to get him to sign something for me as I was :shy: and all I could muster with James O'Barr was "Thank you" and ran away like a school girl meeting Justin Bieber! lol

Is there another way to approach them? hm

If I'm just going to one in general, BleuHawaii is my local comic book bud-in-arms.

If I was going to hang out with boardies, there are way too many guys I like around here to come up with a list. It'd be great to meet anyone, really.

Awesome approach. Linguiniii is a no brainer.

It took me three attempts to go up to Terry Moore to get him to sign something for me as I was :shy: and all I could muster with James O'Barr was "Thank you" and ran away like a school girl meeting Justin Bieber He who must not be named! lol

Fixed it for you.

I'd go with:

Bosco685 :foryou:

HarveySwick

porcupine48-just seems boss

HusTruck

flickhype cuz he rocks

Absolutely. Chicks dig rappers.

Absolutely. Chicks dig rappers.

Who goes to a comic con for the chicks (shrug)

Everyone :devil:

Absolutely. Chicks dig James Franco look a like rappers.

FIXED

(worship) here I was thinking I was a weirdo. This past NYCC was the first con I've gone to in years, and the biggest one I've gone to by far. I didn't mind the crowd, my girl and I just walked around, taking it all in. But when I went to get some stuff signed by some writers/artists, I turned into Chris Farley in that old snl sketch, sheepishly talking to Paul McCartney. "Remember when you drew Spider-Man? That was awesome!" After staring at my feet kicking imaginary dirt for a few minutes, I would take my stuff and slink away, frozen to the bone with person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed chills. :facepalm:

I've never had the chance to really meet any boardies at a Con outside of some dealers. I'd be down to go with anyone really. Any one going to Phoenix Con in June?

Any boardies do cosplay?

I do!

I'm lucky to hang out with a few of you at many cons, but I'd love to hang out with Doc Balls and of course Greggy. They're both pretty fantastic people.