• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman/Batman #13

13 posts in this topic

Great book - Loeb is a wonderful writer! Nice wrap-up to the arc.

Nitpiks: the teleporting Kara out and replacing with ashes was kinda lame, and what's the deal with the first 2-page splash - looks unfinished.

Sure would like to be there to see Power Girl and Kara "talk"... smile.gif

I enjoyed the story arc very much. Was Supes using a Boom tube while fighting Darkseid? Funny to see the Martian Manhunter banging nails! 27_laughing.gif

Nice touch with the Christopher Reeve's dedication at the end. thumbsup2.gif

I enjoyed the story arc very much. Was Supes using a Boom tube while fighting Darkseid? Funny to see the Martian Manhunter banging nails! 27_laughing.gif

Nice touch with the Christopher Reeve's dedication at the end. thumbsup2.gif

How did they Talk in space?

Now that he is trapped on the wall is this the end of Darkseid?

I have not read any DC comics in quite awhile, what is this wall that Darksied was put into? I loved this story arc, will the Superman/Batman series continue? will it still be with Turner art? What other series is Turner on or what was his big series in the past?

Is Loeb not writing Superman/Batman after issue 13?

SUPERMAN/BATMAN #14

Written by Jeph Loeb; Art and cover by Carlos Pacheco and Jesús Merino

Superstar artists Carlos Pacheco and Jesús Merino join celebrated writer Jeph Loeb for the 5-part arc "Absolute Power!" In the aftermath of last issue's devastating battle with Darkseid, the Earth wakes up to a brand new world order — one in which Batman and Superman rule with an iron fist. Humankind has a choice: obey or die! How did things get this way? Is there anyone left who can stop them?

Personally I like the duality in the narrative. It's justified by the nature of the book- that being at least part a measure of the differences between the two guys- their obvious binary relationship (light/dark; hope/fear; godlike omnipotence/being the product of human will and determination.) It's certainly a simple conceit, but one that I think works.

Good! I hope Loeb stays on the title for a long stretch. I also like the idea of rotating artists for each story arc. I think Mcguinness and Turner were a good start and I am looking forward to seeing what Pacheco does with Supes and Bats.

As far as the dual narrative goes I like it. Especially when Superman is thinking about Batman and vice versa. Nice opportunity for character insight.

Honestly I got into it after I ready #8. The previous 7 were good also but the art was not as intense as it is now. Yet I can say that I truly enjoy everything about this series & I think that it is one of the best DC has out there now.

P.S. I do like the whole color change when there is thought talk, yellow & blue. headbang.gif