• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS postage increases

34 posts in this topic

edit: Retracted - looks like my information from the page where I purchase labels for Amazon.com sales is incorrect. Amazon is the problem, not the USPS. Rates on 2 pound coast-to-coast packages went up about a dime.

Today marks a shift in postal rates... It costs over $12 to send a 2 pound Priority Mail package coast to coast in the US. The rate for the Priority Mail Flat Rate Medium Box is now cheaper.

But, the Parcel Post service has been made useful again for light coast-to-coast packages. Before these changes it was only useful for heavier items.

So expect a lot more flat rate boxes and Parcel Post. If you are a seller you may need to adjust some settings... :-)

Today marks a shift in postal rates... It costs over $12 to send a 2 pound Priority Mail package coast to coast in the US. The rate for the Priority Mail Flat Rate Medium Box is now cheaper.

But, the Parcel Post service has been made useful again for light coast-to-coast packages. Before these changes it was only useful for heavier items.

So expect a lot more flat rate boxes and Parcel Post. If you are a seller you may need to adjust some settings... :-)

Why can't postage be cheap? Seriously? It's a 2 oz comic!

Yeah, with 14 ounces of protection to keep it from getting beat up along the way. Not to mention that for every Priority Box we put the label on, there's at least one more Priority box on the inside used as padding. Or in my case, several boxes cut up for protection.

This hobby would be if the USPS went away, so I tend to keep my complaints to a minimum when they hit me up for an additional 20¢.

Yeah, with 14 ounces of protection to keep it from getting beat up along the way. Not to mention that for every Priority Box we put the label on, there's at least one more Priority box on the inside used as padding. Or in my case, several boxes cut up for protection.

This hobby would be if the USPS went away, so I tend to keep my complaints to a minimum when they hit me up for an additional 20¢.

You use PADDING? To PROTECT COMICS!!!???:o

I just had to send a 9lb package to the coast....it would have been $34 USPS....and it was $15 Fed Ex Home Delivery.

No contest on anything over 4 lbs.

Perhaps if sellers didn't constantly misuse the priority mail packaging that is freely provided by the USPS they wouldn't increase their rates as often as they do.

It's not misused when you send Priority Mail. (shrug)

I just had to send a 9lb package to the coast....it would have been $34 USPS....and it was $15 Fed Ex Home Delivery.

Is that my package? :banana:

This is true in a lot of cases - USPS is definitely at a disadvantage for weight, unless you can luck out and work out a Regional Box. (we recently sent an 8 pound package Regional A within Montana and it cost just under $8 - I couldn't believe it) However, I have found sending Regional when I have a lot of comics seldom - if ever - happens.

Anything heavy (comics or otherwise) I generally ship UPS or FedEx.

lol

Yes. It went out yesterday. I made my wife take it while I was at work.

She kept asking me "What's so important that I had to go out in -8 degree weather to drop off?"

So I was honest with her.

"Human Organs, Honey....Human Organs"

Indeed.

lol

Yes. It went out yesterday. I made my wife take it while I was at work.

She kept asking me "What's so important that I had to go out in -8 degree weather to drop off?"

So I was honest with her.

"Human Organs, Honey....Human Organs"

lol You are the best! (thumbs u

I'm calculating a package right now for 2 lbs from MA to CA and it is coming out as $9.97. (shrug)

You are correct. The first price is retail, the second is online....

Priority Mail 2-Day...$11.25...$9.97

Priority Mail 2-Day Medium Flat Rate Box...$12.35...$11.30

Parcel Post...$9.64...$9.64

I was fooled by Amazon when I went to print a label today. They appear to be doing something wrong because I was quoted completely different rates from the ones above. I mean not even close.

I will explore what's going on next time I get an Amazon order.

Apologies in advance for the cross-post, but I realized the stickies at the top don't get very much traffic...

Does anybody know if there is a USPS priority box that fits inside the Medium Flat Rate box?

I currently use the 1092 into 1095 and follow a similar method for Regional Rate B, but I'd like to use Medium Flat Rate for shipping to the west coast to save a few bucks without compromising packaging.

Thanks in advance. (thumbs u