• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC or Bust

39 posts in this topic

Or Flying above Cloud Nine

I'm in flight going on a journey. And I'm putting my money where my mouth is to see if I have what it takes. At last I heard there were fifteen graders, the last to be trained is Gemma. The longest there is Paul, I am hoping that will change. I'm hoping to make that fifteen into sixteen. A few already knew of this endeavor and I thank you for your confidence. But now I'm ready for everyone to hear it. I am ready to be a CGC grader, I just hope they think so too.

I sent an email to Gemma to forward to Paul somewhen in October. With all the cons and how busy they have been Paul contacted me in December. We made a tentative date in January rather than just meeting up at my next scheduled convention. That date became engraved in the cost of a flight out. This is where I put my actual money on the line. Not only will I miss work, but I had to purchase the airfare.

Currently I'm 10,000 feet in the air, maybe 12,000 and I'm heading into Atlanta, from there I'll be flying to Sarasota after an hour plus delay. If I continue to write, I fear this will become my longest article and somehow lose how important this single entry is to me.

I think I'm going to bask in the morning sunrise and look out the window while I debate if I should post this when I land or in parts when I finally get the job.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb... Future CGC grader?

15090.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Just keep in mind that you will no longer be able to sell or buy CGC books.

at least that's what they say the rule is.

I wish you the best of luck! I'd love to work with comics full-time.

Great, I just talked with gemma and she promised that you would give me 9.9 grades.....so cool. Great to know people...

PS...This is a poke...

dang I make myself giggle...

You are a perfect and understanding candidate... Rock it bud

Better yet...you are so great with people...add on the Comicons like all the other cool witnesses. You would be perfect for the attentive respect you give to others.

CGC ROCKS

oops I didnt mean to repeat but to add...oh well

I agree, Ronnylama!

Tnerb has everything needed to be a positive and helpful addition to CGC. His knowledge, grading ability and generally patient and friendly nature make him the perfect candidate for being a CGC grader.

They will be fools not to hire him. It would be their loss.

PS. I was promised Gem Mint 10s!!!

JK

lol

Over the years I've hired many people for various jobs and I can honestly say, I would be happy & lucky to hire someone like Tnerb. (& I've never even met the guy!) - Best of Luck!!!!

BTW: What does a grader make? Just curious...