• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROM... I am complete

46 posts in this topic

Many thanks everyone - here's a few more for your viewing pleasure!

Classic Michael Golden cover... one of the best!

IMAG0782_zps5f5dbbb9.jpg

#58 by request... SS by Sal

IMAG0780_zpsebe9523d.jpg

#45... SS by Sal

IMAG0779_zps27890297.jpg

Major congrats! I bet it feels fantastic! I can't wait to make a similar post one day.

I am also a big ROM fan. Some really beautiful colors...a really cool copper age title that's gaining cult status by the day. Super awesome set. Just love it.

I feel relieved. There was a lot of effort put into this set by a lot of people ... and its times like these with the great people on these boards that make it feel like it was all worthwhile. I guess i should probably start looking at another set to start in on.

MattP

First ever post on these boards, and no better way to start it off with a Rom thread.

Loved Rom as a kid, had the whole series and was considering tracking it all down in 9.8 slabs. Instead I just grabbed the covers that I liked best. Your set is impressive though considering how infrequent the books show up for sale or for the fact that nobody gets them graded in the first place. Congrats

First ever post on these boards, and no better way to start it off with a Rom thread.

Loved Rom as a kid, had the whole series and was considering tracking it all down in 9.8 slabs. Instead I just grabbed the covers that I liked best. Your set is impressive though considering how infrequent the books show up for sale or for the fact that nobody gets them graded in the first place. Congrats

Many thanks and of course, Welcome to the boards!

Well, kinda on the fence, really. On one hand, it's sorta like the upcoming Apple buys Tesla thing... I'm really afraid that a good thing is going to get really screwed up.

On the other hand, i'm interested in seeing what they'll do with the property. Can Image make ROM a bad*spoon* or will they trivialize him with some silly adversary's? I can see it now ... "OOOOO Rom is fighting killer transformers again, let's transform him into his new mode, that of a giant Toaster, and he can cook them up quickly."

But, if Image is smart, they will continue along the line of 'edginess' like a lot of their books do - cool stories and some great action and cutting edge idea's. I think that is my ultimate hope.

Oh, yeahhh ... no cartoon either. (shrug)

According to Mike's Amazing World, Rom #31 and X-Men #158 came out the same day. Even though it's not hyped on the covers - a mistake they would never make today! - the stories in these two issues cross over with each other. So it's a tie, something collectors just love.

That is absolutely magnificent.

The only comic book I remember ever even owning, much less reading, as a kid was Rom #47. That book has a very special place in my heart.

When I got into comics as a late teen, Rom was the very first set I completed.

I now own several sets. ;)

As I said a little while ago, i made a couple of changes to the set ... first this:

rom31_zpsc16b9ac0.jpg

Then ....

this.

ROM69CGC10_zps5a9d7f2c.jpg

I believe this is the 24th oldest CGC 10 on the census. It is the grail of any ROM set... and after being in the care of a very loyal spaceknight since 2009(?), it is now mine. Forever. :grin:

As I said a little while ago, i made a couple of changes to the set ... first this:

rom31_zpsc16b9ac0.jpg

Then ....

this.

ROM69CGC10_zps5a9d7f2c.jpg

I believe this is the 24th oldest CGC 10 on the census. It is the grail of any ROM set... and after being in the care of a very loyal spaceknight since 2009(?), it is now mine. Forever. :grin:

:o Beautiful cover. And a 10.0 old label. You should send it in and try for an 11.0.

Did you ever get that 15 in a 9.8?