• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROM... I am complete

46 posts in this topic

I've waited a few years to post this. Probably not a big deal to most, but for me, this set took four years to complete.

I am now at 100% ROM Spaceknight with all issues except one at CGC 9.8+ (#15 remains at CGC 9.6).

This was a very hard set and i just wanted to throw some serious kudos to a few people and shops who assisted me in finding the books.

Not in any particular order -

Cheetah (Jeff T)

Reynold Jay

Rich Henn

wwcomics.com

Some of the books were so very difficult that it took several pre-screens to find a viable candidate. A couple books were key: #61 (all black cover) required a board member to part with - i could never find an acceptable submission despite pressing and cleaning quite a few; #29 (very tough, known spine errors on all copies); and #68 (again, impossible to find one in NM+ condition).

Anyway, here's a couple of snapshots of the run... Cheers

MattP

Sketch by AC

f_ta3m_22cefb4_zpsf5588d72.jpg

Signed with head sketch by Sal

ROM1SS_Big.jpg

#47, all black cover one of my fav's

rom47_zpse17b2481.jpg

Bring on the movie already! ;)

I've waited a few years to post this. Probably not a big deal to most, but for me, this set took four years to complete.

I am now at 100% ROM Spaceknight with all issues except one at CGC 9.8+ (#15 remains at CGC 9.6).

This was a very hard set and i just wanted to throw some serious kudos to a few people and shops who assisted me in finding the books.

Not in any particular order -

Cheetah (Jeff T)

Reynold Jay

Rich Henn

wwcomics.com

Some of the books were so very difficult that it took several pre-screens to find a viable candidate. A couple books were key: #61 (all black cover) required a board member to part with - i could never find an acceptable submission despite pressing and cleaning quite a few; #29 (very tough, known spine errors on all copies); and #68 (again, impossible to find one in NM+ condition).

Anyway, here's a couple of snapshots of the run... Cheers

MattP

Sketch by AC

f_ta3m_22cefb4_zpsf5588d72.jpg

Signed with head sketch by Sal

ROM1SS_Big.jpg

#47, all black cover one of my fav's

rom47_zpse17b2481.jpg

Bring on the movie already! ;)

Very big deal. 4 years, and all of those in 9.8! Good work. :applause:

:applause:

Sweet!!! I liked and collected this series when it came out, even though my friends who collected comics always teased me. I thought the Michael Golden covers were awesome!!!

Major congrats! I bet it feels fantastic! I can't wait to make a similar post one day.

I am also a big ROM fan. Some really beautiful colors...a really cool copper age title that's gaining cult status by the day. Super awesome set. Just love it.

:applause:

Sweet!!! I liked and collected this series when it came out, even though my friends who collected comics always teased me. I thought the Michael Golden covers were awesome!!!

The Rom series has lots of outstanding covers. The interiors didn't always match up but the covers sure were pretty to look at.