• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine + Gun = Jumping the Shark

87 posts in this topic

What am I missing!?!?! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Everything.

If marvel decides to kill off another character, they better not pull something like superior ss again. I can already see wolverine inside deadpool's body just waiting for millions of die-hard fans to riot

Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

Courtesy of Stolen from Dr Balls

9vtd.jpg

can someone please elaborate why one of the greatest characters of all time now supports a gun, lacks the humor of deadpool to wield it, and why any writer in their right mind figured a pistol would be great against something like let's say...... a sentinel

Maybe you'd prefer a "LASER" gun?

drevil.jpg

so he needs a long range element and hes not a raccoon.......

cap's got a shield. thor's got a hammer. spideys got webs. hawkeye arrows.......

what about a sniper rifle hardscoping call of duty branded wolverine?

or even a noob tube grenade launcher to date himself back to those world war days but with tactical gear.

or what about if his claws became cybernetic projectiles. there's no reason iron-man couldn't have fabricated some long range thermal projectiles when he flashes his claws similar to guile's sonic boom in street fighter. i'd like to see the artwork on that one.

Wolverine needs to be more careful now since he can be killed.

He will probably use it to keep enemies at a distance

Which likely sets up the inevitable fan-enraging storyline. Does anyone really think that if Wolverine can now be killed, that Marvel won't do exactly that?

I am very worried about the direction this is going. Although, nothing will ever be as bad as "feral" Logan of the 90's.

He will probably use it to keep enemies at a distance

Which likely sets up the inevitable fan-enraging storyline. Does anyone really think that if Wolverine can now be killed, that Marvel won't do exactly that?

I am very worried about the direction this is going. Although, nothing will ever be as bad as "feral" Logan of the 90's.

I didn't know they took away his healing ability before this thread, but that's the first thought that came into my head as I was reading it.

When the Modern Hacks started making Wolverine unkillable (especially that insane BS about him being able to regenerate from a single drop of blood - why aren't there hundreds of Wolverines sprouting up each time he has a fight hm ) and turned him into Marvel's Biggest Bully is where Wolverine jumped the shark.

Actually, it was the Bone Claws that officially did it for me with the character, but I think that was the same time they over-powered him because Magneto took away his precious Adamantium.

Man, the 90's were a bad time for comics. :tonofbricks:

That's the problem, before the Modern hacks got ahold of the character, he could always be killed and he never carried guns around before.