• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Collecting Blues

48 posts in this topic

... find a book, think "Yeah!" for a brief moment, and then put it in its box (in its numerical order, of course) without even taking it out of the bag/board, and just go on to the next one (and do the same thing to it).

I have a strict rule to at least open the bag and smell it before I file it in the unread box. tongue.gif

In all seriousness, for any book over $5, I open it and do a page count and interior check right away. I've been burned a few times by missing MVSs and didn't know it until months after I had received the book. frown.gif

for any book over $5, I open it and do a page count and interior check right away. I've been burned a few times by missing MVSs and didn't know it until months after I had received the book. frown.gif

I do the same thing, but for every book I buy and here's why.....I got an Avengers 211 (and some other books) in the mail yesterday and it had a double cover. yay.gif

Not a particularly valuable book, but the double cover gives some added "cool" factor. thumbsup2.gif

I always do a page count on books - it's just a good habit to get into. I seen a lot of married books this way, not to mention a Turok (GK) that had a CF removed and totally different book CF replacing it!

I got a Human Torch # 35 in 1989 from Captain Pakrat (Judd Lawson) and it had a missing page - but he made it cool right away. That's the only one that got me -

What I'd like to know is, if you are counting pages and someone bumps into you and you drop the book whose fault is the damage?

And if the dealer squalks at you for asking if a low priced nicey book is complete, (just happened to me for a BB 28 at Seattle Show) FOR SURE COUNT THE PAGES or just walk away - there is too much on eBay to put up with a crappy dealer with a 'tude.