• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Comic Book Heroes and Superman 30s thru 70s

8 posts in this topic

Just two books in this thread. Shipping is $5 for or both of the books. Payment by Paypal, check/MO all is OK. Each book is $15. Condition is VGish if I were to grade them like a comic book.

The books are:

The Great Comic Book Heroes by Jules Feiffer - part commentary on super heroes with color reprints of golden age comic books

Superman From the Thirties to the Seventies short introcution by E. Nelson Bridwell editor for National Periodical Comics followed by Superman reprints from the 30s thru 70s. Some reprints in color and others B&W

Pic of both books. Superman on the right.

004_zps5477a606.jpg

The Feiffer book was my introduction to most of the GA heroes, especially Captain Marvel , who had been banished into limbo for well over a decade. My school library actually had a copy of this book. This and a Buck Rogers illustrated book made up their entire comics section. A situation that wasn't much better in 1988 until I donated the four volume Elfquest and a few Marvel Graphic Novels to them.