• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some of your favorite Gothic Covers?

94 posts in this topic

I've always been drawn to Gothic covers for one reason or another (that's prob why Adams is my favorite Batman artist). Just thought I'd like to see what are some of your guys' favorite Gothic covers out there. DC seemed to capture the Gothic style cover better than Marvel but I'm sure there's some out there I haven't seen as well by other Indie books. My fav's are the Usual Supects....

detective-comics-31_zps87ce5c3d.jpg

BATMAN227_zps1971b53a.jpg

BRAVEBOLD93_zps58914162.jpg

HoS_88_Sav_zpsc71a8bcc.jpg

Welcome to the theme Bronze

here's my journal on the 70s gothic horror revival and specifically the Lady in White motif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6602596&fpart=1

some of the images are gone (cause I've sold off the books), but some are still there...

DC was far more involved in the 70s revival, Neal Adams, Bernie Wrightson, Nick Cardy, and so on...

Check out the short seriese "Sinister House of Secret Love" and "Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love"

some amazing covers...

xdnvd2J.jpg