• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greggy speaks

4 posts in this topic

Here is my one and only response to the unsupported charges that have lead to my hopefully temporary banning!

Yes, around 2002, Supapimp did give me his password to his account so I could help him load a picture in his signature line. In addition, I helped him host a picture for one of his eBay auctions. He said that he trusted me because we were of the same ethnic background. I did write down the password at that time, as there was much need for me to access his accounts again. I work in the federal government and one of the requirements at work is that my passwords must be changed ever few months for security reason. I can remember my old password from 6 months ago and can definitely remember a password that was relevant to me 2 years ago.

However, still yesterday, I arrive home and get a graemlin PM from

Bono which he explained was an accusation that I gave out the password

to someone to hijack Supa's account. I was able to explain to him that I

did remember the password and I did give it out to someone. Plus, I was given the

password to Supa's "thehurtingman" account. I learned at that time

that Supa used the same password for all his eBay accounts. Bono advised me

that Supa's icon on his computer were screwed up as well.

I then get a call from another forum member who was concerned about the

contents of the PMs in Supa's account, as he kept most of his thousands

of PMs. I explained that I had everything to do with it. He stated that he believed me so that was it for yesterday. However, the amazing part that I learned from this member was that Supa's hotmail account had the same password as well.

Now, I check the forums after being out of the office in the morning and this happens! acclaim.gif I am close with lots of people on the board. I am even

close to people who both like and hate Bug. But, to get banned because I

know the guy. This is making the assumptiong that he was involved in this

whole sordid affair. I didn't know that just because I know a guy that may

or may not have committed an act, that I would be help responsible for his

or her actions. The only person that I can control is myself.

So, this is my one and only comment on this subject. I do not know if

I have been sent any EMAILs to my home regarding this issue or not. If

there is a material change in the circumstances, I will advise another member

accordingly.

Thanks--Greg.