• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge Flash Lot / #299 - 350 Straight / Four years of Flash / $200 GV, CLOSED $40

13 posts in this topic

Today for sale a have a very nice Lot of Late, Late Bronze Age Flash comics.

Pay Pal is fine and shipping will be $5 in the USA. Anywhere else will be too pricey.

Included are issues #299 to the final issue #350. Almost complete. There are 47 issues in this lot meaning only a few are missing. I will add 3 Freebies to make this lot an even 50 comics.

To be safe I will say the Average condition is VF. Of course many are closer to NM and a few fall in the Fine range.

Four great years of Barry Allen Flash stories. The early ones have some great Kieth Giffen Dr. Fate back ups.

Most if not all have Carmine Infantino Art and I saw a few nice Aparo covers. Also some Gil Kane and Murphy Anderson.

Conservative Guide Value on this lot in 8.0 is about $200.....Asking $40 which would be 20% of GV. SOLD

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

067ed72e-13fa-4e57-91b9-7054dba757e2_zps2bf5c845.jpg

The trial that never ends. Was it just me or did the trial go on for about a year too long?

They knew that the series was going to be cancelled and he was going to die in Crisis, so they just kept it going, knowing that it would be a good endpoint for the series.

But, yes, it was waaaaay too long. Also, Infantino's art was (IMO) at its weakest near the end of that series.

The trial that never ends. Was it just me or did the trial go on for about a year too long?

They knew that the series was going to be cancelled and he was going to die in Crisis, so they just kept it going, knowing that it would be a good endpoint for the series.

But, yes, it was waaaaay too long. Also, Infantino's art was (IMO) at its weakest near the end of that series.

I imagine old age may have had something to do with that. He was drawing in the early 50's I believe.

In comparison I think Neal Adams new stuff is horrible compared to his 70's work.

To me, after Infantino came back to drawing after leaving DC's publisher job, his art was just not as good. His Marvel stuff -- Nova, Star Wars -- and then Flash at DC, were just too angular, too exaggerated. The people were almost ugly.

His Silver Age Flash and Adam Strange are just amazing. I just wonder if he'd continued to draw, it wouldn't have dropped off.

And I agree with your Adams opinion. I don't like his stuff from the past decade much at all.

(Also, I wish I had seen this thread earlier to buy these books.)