• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM House of Mystery 179 - Grade In

13 posts in this topic

I was excited to pick up this House of Mystery 179 which has Wrightson's first comic art (well, OSPG calls it his first 'professional' work...anyone know why?).

Very minor spine roll. Color breaking crease top front left-center, as seen in scan. About 5 minor spine tics. White pages. Pages firmly attached; staples solid. Good colors. Slight dust shadow on back as visible in scan.

Thanks as always, folks!

Hi Res - front (click on image to embiggen)

Hi Res - rear (click on image to embiggen)

pb6ySEFl.jpg

jd123L5l.gif

And here it is:

e5eUQsC.jpg

Advertised grade was 9.0. Unfortunately, I paid a 9.0 price tag for it. Although the grade isn't far off, the cost difference between the two means I really took a hit. It came from a well reputed dealer. Them's the dice, I guess. :shrug:

I didn't grade this before looking at the result, but even before pressing, I would have thought it in the 8.0 neighborhood. Pressed 8.5 doesn't surprise me, and 9.0 wouldn't have been a shock.