• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Uncanny X-men 266

15 posts in this topic

In my opinion that is not an abraded corner. An abraded corner is the result of improper storage or handling. It has a look similar to blunting but less severe. That looks more like a bindery tear which is a production defect that usually does not effect the grade of a book below 9.2. Above 9.2 bindery tears and such defects are limited.

This book displays some spine creases and the bindery tear. The corners are not as sharp as they could be but it is difficult to be certain with the size of the scans provided.

I would say this book is around the 9.2 range IMHO! But larger scans would be helpful!smiley-gen130.gif

In my opinion that is not an abraded corner. An abraded corner is the result of improper storage or handling. It has a look similar to blunting but less severe. That looks more like a bindery tear which is a production defect that usually does not effect the grade of a book below 9.2. Above 9.2 bindery tears and such defects are limited.

This book displays some spine creases and the bindery tear. The corners are not as sharp as they could be but it is difficult to be certain with the size of the scans provided.

I would say this book is around the 9.2 range IMHO! But larger scans would be helpful!smiley-gen130.gif

Agreed, but I think with the spine creases this book will not come back from CGC higher than an 8.5