• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #15!

12 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble finetuning the grade on this one. Bright and flat book with great eye appeal, but the spine is extremely rough with splits and small chips all the way, and the interior pages are starting to split at the bottom. Amazingly, the covers are attached to the staples and to each other. There's a 4" tear on one text page. Interior PQ is bright & supple other than the above issues. What say you?

wdcs15a.jpg

wdcs15aback.jpg

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that cover just a tad disturbing??? :grin:

Disturbing because a duck is about to butcher a decapitated turkey with an axe?

...It's just you. (shrug)

I appreciate the grades so far but I can't help thinking they are on the high side. I understand these are tough flaws to communicate via scans.

To clarify, nearly the whole spine has splits and chipping of varying degrees. It almost seems to be luck that the staple areas are still holding. So, rough spine, pages splitting at bottom plus the 4" interior tear. Any more guesses?