• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the normal grading schedule at CGC?

5 posts in this topic

Hi - I submitted my first ever group of comics to CGC about three weeks ago. I used the economy $35 per book option. I see the 59 business day turnaround currently listed, so I know I won't be seeing them anytime soon. My question is this: What sort of times generally do they change order status? They got to "Verified" fairly quickly. Assuming that the 59 business days is reasonably accurate, when would I see "Scheduled for Grading"? And then how many days after that for "Graded" and so on? I know that everything is subjective and my 59 business days might be 40 or it might be 70 depending on the backup at CGC, but I am just trying to get a general idea of when each step occurs. Thanks for your help.

Sam

I submitted an Economy order last year... slow to get started, but it's moving along nicely now.

01 Nov - Invoice date

24 Jan - scheduled for grading

27 Jan - graded

I missed the exact date they became "verified," but obviously it took a long time to really get anywhere. The details have been fully fleshed out now, so I expect it to go to Grading/QC soon and will likely be shipped within two weeks.

Your question doesn't have a "correct" answer. There is not necessarily a smooth, linear progression. It is not unusual for books to sit at verified for most of the expected turn around time - then quickly go from graded to shipped in a week or less. Nor is it unusual for a book to get graded fairly quickly - and then sit graded for a long time before moving to Quality Control and then shipped.

When counting days, don't forget to subtract out holidays and Fridays of major comic cons that CGC is attending. Waiting is the worst part for sure. But as they say a watched pot never boils.