• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Alex Schomburg poll in Gold...

12 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]For those unfamiliar with the work of Alex Schomburg he was one of the most prolific and respected cover artists of early comics.

Over in GA ...rumored to be the last bastion of hope for survival of the human race... there is an on-going poll of his work with scrolling images located here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7402264&fpart=1

Many folks have already cast votes in Vision75's poll to rank the popularity of best nominated covers.

The field has narrowed to just 31 covers for the third and final round. Voting consists of selecting ten covers that you like best.

Polling ends Sunday (Feb. 9th, 11:59 PM) at which point the results will be viewable. 364976149.gif

If you haven't already voted please feel free to join in. This survey is open to all forum members.[/font]

[font:Times New Roman]This has been a Public Service announcement on behalf of the Golden Age.[/font] :preach:

[font:Times New Roman]This has been a Public Service announcement on behalf of the Golden Age.[/font]

hm

lol Unfunded lobbying effort. :gossip:

Thanks CAT! I was and still am a Silver-Age fan, but it was the art of Schomburg that seducted me into GA.

For non-GA folk....Even if you don't fill out the poll, check out the covers!

Although the slides how of the covers is beautifully done, I think for choosing my top 10, it'd be a heck of a lot easier if they were posted in a block of thumbnails. 2c

Just click the "View Album" feature in the slideshow window and the entire album will be presented in a filed thumbnail form.

By clicking on individual issues you get the enlargement.

Then you can scroll backwards or forwards through the album viewing each cover at your leisure. :gossip:

Although the slides how of the covers is beautifully done, I think for choosing my top 10, it'd be a heck of a lot easier if they were posted in a block of thumbnails. 2c

Just click the "View Album" feature in the slideshow window and the entire album will be presented in a filed thumbnail form.

By clicking on individual issues you get the enlargement.

Then you can scroll backwards or forwards through the album viewing each cover at your leisure. :gossip:

Perfect, thanks. (thumbs u

Last chance! If you somehow missed Vision75's incredible Alex Schomburg cover poll there's still time to vote by clicking the link in the first post.

You'll be immediately transported to the GA Forum (I promise it won't hurt ...much).

Poll officially closes at 11:59 EST tonight after which results can be viewed. :bump::bump::bump: