• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #33 low grade 1939 First Batman Origin SOLD

21 posts in this topic

Up for sale is one book. The rules:

- 1st :takeit: in the thread wins it.

- PayPal only, payment due within 48 hours

- No probies or HOS alumni

- Prices include shipping/insurance

Although it really doesn't need a description, this is Detective Comics #33, a Pre-Robin TEC and the first printed origin of Batman. I don't really want to sell this but I have to pay a pretty large bill. This copy is coverless, and the pages are a supple cream to off-white. There are some bug chews on the back top left and back bottom left going inward toward the interior getting smaller as they go back. The Batman story is not affected. The high quality reproduction cover has the exterior front and back ads and was made by Fedoraman. The cover is not attached.

It's hard to price something like this, so I'm going to base my price on these two other coverless Pre- Robin TEC's currently being offered in public. One is a coverless TEC #29 that's incomplete and missing multiple pages that got an offer of $2000, and the other is a coverless TEC #30 that got an offer of $1,200. The listings for those are here:

TEC #29 - http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=476476

TEC #30 - http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=476458

Price - SOLD

12293408163_59c227c5f9_b.jpg

12293249075_a45a02308d_b.jpg

12293419153_2d7c2d8277_b.jpg

12293426023_9af3306f4e_b.jpg

The important thing is that you hang on to your GA Cap(s?)… (thumbs u

I quite like Batman but Cap is Cap… :cool:

Well my Cap #3 would be the last comic I'd sell out of my collection, but the All Select #1 is already up on the chopping block. :cry:

Sorry to hear that… but I guess it’s pretty much unavoidable when single comic books are so costly… :(

After thinking about it: I don’t think you should ask Stan to sign your GA Cap… ask him to sign something else, more of his creation. The GA Cap is great with the Kirby signature alone… :)