• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turok [DF Gold Key]

27 posts in this topic

I've been a big fan of Turok but was disappointed by this issue. They tried real hard but the story was non-sufficient and confusing.

The art was mediocre. It didn't help the story as much as it could have. The logo design by Rian Hughes isn't bad though.

Dark Horse did it better a few years ago and that was a big flop. I'll always like the Valiant and even the Acclaim stuff the best I think.

Time to re-read those books and maybe then fire up Turok Rage Wars on Nintendo 64.

DAN

I've been a big fan of Turok but was disappointed by this issue. They tried real hard but the story was non-sufficient and confusing.

The art was mediocre. It didn't help the story as much as it could have. The logo design by Rian Hughes isn't bad though.

Dark Horse did it better a few years ago and that was a big flop. I'll always like the Valiant and even the Acclaim stuff the best I think.

Time to re-read those books and maybe then fire up Turok Rage Wars on Nintendo 64.

DAN

I think I normally agree with your assessments but I disagree on this one. I felt the art made the story feel dark [which is why I like it]. I felt Turok has always been a little soft. He is a savage, the book should be savage.

I also like that the story is not a rehash of Valiant or Dark horse....kudos on that.

36 covers? Seriously?

Yes seriously. These characters couldn't have landed with a worst company IMO but I like the staff chose to work on each book and I like the characters. I will buy one copy to read of each

Each of the 4 titles will have 36 covers I believe

>>>These characters couldn't have landed with a worst company IMO <<

From a speculator y standpoint, sure.

Creatively, I appreciate the rock solid teams.

As a reader.

I'm intrigued.

but I like the staff chose to work on each book

;)

As a reader.

I'm intrigued.

;)

Ahhhh,

You of impeccable conversation, as you've so articulately spoken:

" but I like the staff chose to work on each book "

I now crystal clearly understand that you appreciate the creative teams assigned to each of the new Gold Key titles.

As a reader.

I'm intrigued.

;)

Ahhhh,

You are incapable of conversation, as you've so articulately spoken:

" but I like the staff chose to work on each book "

I now crystal clearly understand that you appreciate the creative teams assigned to each of the new G

lol, sorry. Sometimes I have multiple windows up at once so I can be a bit understated at times.

Let me rephrase: Not a big fan of the company but I am a big fan of the creative teams put together.

Looks like I was wrong btw...

Its actually 38 covers.

Break down? Is it because of the dealer incentive covers?

Obviously, Turok and these other Gold Key revivals are going to join Avatar, Valiant, and other publishers title's as not speculator worthy. It's Dynamite Entertainment, so I wasn't expecting anything less. lol

Prediction, these titles will probably settle in the 10,000 copies a month range ala the Valiant titles. Too bad Valiant isn't publishing them.

Prediction, these titles will probably settle in the 10,000 copies a month range ala the Valiant titles.

I'd be surprised if they sell 5,000 a month by #5.

Unless it's a well-known/television license... Dynamite has trouble hitting 4,000.

Dark Horse just gave up these Gold Key titles a couple of years ago... for that very reason.

My LCS asked me if I was interested in any of these. I chose Turok over the others as I look forward to the reintroduction of the character with someone reputable behind the helm.

Looks like I was wrong btw...

Its actually 38 covers.

Break down? Is it because of the dealer incentive covers?

Obviously, Turok and these other Gold Key revivals are going to join Avatar, Valiant, and other publishers title's as not speculator worthy. It's Dynamite Entertainment, so I wasn't expecting anything less. lol

Prediction, these titles will probably settle in the 10,000 copies a month range ala the Valiant titles. Too bad Valiant isn't publishing them.

Here are some...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/front-page-comic-news/79320-cover-variance-turok-dinosaur-hunter-bags-its-retailer-covers.html

36 covers? Seriously?

Yes seriously. These characters couldn't have landed with a worst company IMO but I like the staff chose to work on each book and I like the characters. I will buy one copy to read of each

Each of the 4 titles will have 36 covers I believe

Wow!

I wonder who has OCD enough to buy all 36 covers? hm

Interesting hm

I really enjoyed the old DELL Turoks and the early Gold Keys too, but that foil embossed thing that came out in the 90's was just terrible :P

I'll have to check this version out