• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TIM SALE: SOLO

31 posts in this topic

Why more people are not talking about this book is a real mystery to me. I have always liked

his work, but in this format he rocks. Thanks to DC for this, looking forward to seeing the next

which will be another fav,Richard Corben!! My fav in this book by Sale is Young Love, a great

Supergirl story,(very touching,and sad). This is also cool as we see Sale's adapt to 6 different

stories, and 6 different styles. Buy it now!!!

Ditto me on this book. I didn't know about it, Tim Sale is one of my favorite artists, and finding this on the stand was a huge, pleasant surprise.

I got Solo and Catwoman: When in Rome #2 both on one day. cloud9.gif

Thanks to DC for this, looking forward to seeing the next which will be another fav,Richard Corben!!

The Spectre story in the Corben issue was a pleasant surprise. All the other stories were cool, quick reads also. My props to DC as well. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to DC for this, looking forward to seeing the next which will be another fav,Richard Corben!!

The Spectre story in the Corben issue was a pleasant surprise. All the other stories were cool, quick reads also. My props to DC as well. thumbsup2.gif

gossip.gifSLEEPER OF THE MONTH, CORBEN IS ALSO A GREAT READ

Hmmmm.... I didn't buy the Corben issue, as I saw he was the writer as well as the artist and I've never cared for his writing, but his art is interesting and I thought he was perfect for "Cage".

I've always had a soft spot for The Spectre, how is the story? It might be enough for me to take a second look.

Hmmmm.... I didn't buy the Corben issue, as I saw he was the writer as well as the artist and I've never cared for his writing, but his art is interesting and I thought he was perfect for "Cage".

I've always had a soft spot for The Spectre, how is the story? It might be enough for me to take a second look.

As stated above the Spectre story was a nice surprise with a "6th Sense" feel to it.

I LOVED the first issue. Tim Sale is awesome and he did a great job on all of the stories in ish #1. The Corben issue, however, was a big disapointment to me. I have always enjoyed corben in the past, but I thought every story, save maybe the Spectre one, was mediocre at best.

I LOVED the first issue. Tim Sale is awesome and he did a great job on all of the stories in ish #1. The Corben issue, however, was a big disapointment to me. I have always enjoyed corben in the past, but I thought every story, save maybe the Spectre one, was mediocre at best.

I can agree that the Corben stories bordered on the weak side but what I enjoy him most for is his artwork with those big, ,juicy colors! cloud9.gif

Welcome to the boards Eric!

#3 - Paul Pope (feb 2005)

Future issues of SOLO will spotlight:

- Darwyn Cooke

- Mike Allred

- Jim Lee

- George Pratt

- Jill Thompson

- Brian Bolland

- Matt Wagner

- Bruce Timm

- Dave Gibbons

- Walter Simonson

And many more.

Hey Kevin!

I cannot wait for many of those on the list. I am a HUGE fan of most of those guys and I may have to buy an extra copy of the Jill Thomson issue for my wifes *gasp* comic art scrapbook (don't worry, she has no other actual comic books in her scrapbook, but she is a big Thompson fan)

Sounds great!

I can't think of a bad apple in that bunch and I've been pretty happy with the first two issues (the Sale one was outstanding). The only one I'm not uber-excited about is George Pratt, but this is a great idea for a book... it's unfortunate that it won't ever burn up the sales charts.

The best hope for the continued existance of this title is word of mouth... so keep spreading the word. I would hate to see DC cancel it without making a dent in that great list.