• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TIM SALE: SOLO

31 posts in this topic

Just picked up the first Tim Sale issue tonight at my LCS. They had it all along I just didn't notice it as the cover layout is similar to no. 2. That and the fact that my LCS puts the newer issues on top of the old issue stack if there's any left! tongue.gif

I can agree that the Corben stories bordered on the weak side but what I enjoy him most for is his artwork with those big, ,juicy colors!

I've never heard breasts called that before.

I LOVED the first issue. Tim Sale is awesome and he did a great job on all of the stories in ish #1. The Corben issue, however, was a big disapointment to me. I have always enjoyed corben in the past, but I thought every story, save maybe the Spectre one, was mediocre at best.

ERIC, HELLO AND WELCOME TO MODERN!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

Which Tim Sale story did you like??? This is a great idea thumbsup2.gif My pick from #2 SOLO is

RICHARD CORBEN: CYCLOPS Next up in # 3 is Paul Pope.

I LOVED the first issue. Tim Sale is awesome and he did a great job on all of the stories in ish #1. The Corben issue, however, was a big disapointment to me. I have always enjoyed corben in the past, but I thought every story, save maybe the Spectre one, was mediocre at best.

ERIC, HELLO AND WELCOME TO MODERN!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

Which Tim Sale story did you like??? This is a great idea thumbsup2.gif My pick from #2 SOLO is

I don't think I can truley decide which Sale story I liked the best. I loved them all for different reasons.

I don't think I can truley decide which Sale story I liked the best. I loved them all for different reasons.

Good answer thumbsup2.gif27_laughing.gif

Just to bump this thread: The Howard Chaykin issue was outstanding! thumbsup2.gif

Every story was top notch storytelling IMO. Being a horror head I really enjoyed the last story entitled "Horrors!" where Chaykin himself talks about his time at DC and compares fellow artists to the EC Crew.

935547-Solopic.jpg

The next issue featuring Darwyn Cooke is another winner with a great opening story entitled "World's Window". The issue's stories are sandwiched between episodes of Slam Bradley!

935547-Solopic.jpg.da0ddec055a119e891d7d2bfb9e1fd39.jpg