• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommended settings for scanning pencils?

4 posts in this topic

Admittedly all scanners are different and have their own individual settings, but does anyone have any basic recommendations for getting the best look out of scanned pencil OA?

I usually scan my art at my office, since that's where I have it delivered, using a Konica Minolta Biz Hub 454, just set it to 600 dpi, on the darkest level and I get outstanding quality .jpgs delivered right to my inbox ready for posting on CAF. Works great for inked pages, but pencils still don't show very well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you tried scanning with the same settings then opening the image in photoshop and using "auto contrast"?

+1

Also, in your advanced settings in your scanner, you should be able to adjust your levels to show more of the black linework without blowing out the details.