• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales 139

7 posts in this topic

So I'm unsure about how to look at this fella. Presents really nicely. Those pencil marks on the masthead were done with a heavy hand, leaving indentations. Edges are so clean that it made me wonder if book was trimmed, but if so it was done on all three edges and margins seem correct. Spine has that abrasion on Doc's collar. Staples good. A couple of NCBCs on front, a couple on back. Sharp colors. Offwhite pages.

Your thoughts? Book was advertised at

NM-

Images are super-big so wrapped in spoiler tags as not to send your browser sprawling when you reach this page.

Thanks!

lL4vWi4.jpg

qdRwAkM.jpg

Nice looking copy David! In addition to the spine stresses mentioned and the dust shadows there appears to be some sort of crease or indentation at the LLHC of the back cover. Almost as if something heavy had been set on the corner of the book? I don't think this book was trimmed in any manner.

I'm thinking 9.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

Nice looking copy David! In addition to the spine stresses mentioned and the dust shadows there appears to be some sort of crease or indentation at the LLHC of the back cover. Almost as if something heavy had been set on the corner of the book? I don't think this book was trimmed in any manner.

I'm thinking 9.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

Yes! Sharp eye. I wasn't sure how to describe this impression on the front and wondered if it's a printing defect, but I don't think it is. On close inspection, it looks like the hashmarks on a ruler, like a 12" wooden ruler, maybe. Though the thickness of that would've damaged the spine, so maybe some sort of measuring tape with embossed measuring lines? It runs from the right of the corner box at the price section, almost to the issue number. Very odd for a book that was obviously so carefully preserved. I think it'll press out. :wishluck: Daddy likes 9.0's and up for his Strange Tales! Regardless, this is a pretty copy that I want to hang onto, and I just haven't seen this book on the market much.