• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Red Sonja 8, series 1

9 posts in this topic

Ahhh Red Sonja! I wish I had kept my Red Sonja and Conan books back then, but I had to keep my car right?! What was I thinking??

Anyway, there are numerous spine stresses and the staple pull that are evident. With the dark edge on the front cover the spine stresses are more prevalent from the scanner light. They may or may not break colour but they are there. Most of the corners are not as sharp as they could be and that diminishes the grade score too! Also there are three obvious "rack impressions" on the bottom of the back cover and couple more impressions on the top of the back cover.

Overall this is a very clean looking copy but I don't think it will grade higher than 9.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

Probably not what you wanted to hear, sorry!

Ahhh Red Sonja! I wish I had kept my Red Sonja and Conan books back then, but I had to keep my car right?! What was I thinking??

Anyway, there are numerous spine stresses and the staple pull that are evident. With the dark edge on the front cover the spine stresses are more prevalent from the scanner light. They may or may not break colour but they are there. Most of the corners are not as sharp as they could be and that diminishes the grade score too! Also there are three obvious "rack impressions" on the bottom of the back cover and couple more impressions on the top of the back cover.

Overall this is a very clean looking copy but I don't think it will grade higher than 9.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

actually it is exactly what I wanted to hear so I can understand the grading process better. Not sure if I agree/understand what you are seeing in terms of the rack impressions or how you determine that from the photo as I don't see anything on the book itself.

actually it is exactly what I wanted to hear so I can understand the grading process better. Not sure if I agree/understand what you are seeing in terms of the rack impressions or how you determine that from the photo as I don't see anything on the book itself.

I'm not sure but I think what timern may mean is that when the book first hit the stands, it may have been displayed on wire display rack as opposed to a flat wooden one. At least I can see the impressions he is referring to. I am only speculating this is what he is calling rack impressions.

Also I see these impressions on todays books with LCSs who use wire racks attached to the wall to show books. If the books sets there for too long or if the employee places them to hard on the rack, the wires will leave a dent at the bottom of the book.

I'm not sure but I think what timern may mean is that when the book first hit the stands, it may have been displayed on wire display rack as opposed to a flat wooden one. At least I can see the impressions he is referring to. I am only speculating this is what he is calling rack impressions.

Also I see these impressions on todays books with LCSs who use wire racks attached to the wall to show books. If the books sets there for too long or if the employee places them to hard on the rack, the wires will leave a dent at the bottom of the book.

You said it exactly my friend!smiley-gen130.gif