• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto ComiCON MARCH 7-9 2014 - Presented by Fan Expo HQ

28 posts in this topic

Decent day for the first day of the show. When the doors were first opened, it was gangbusters busy. Lots of people. Then, about two hours later, noticeably quiet.

Hoping for a good Saturday. (thumbs u

So I have to comment on what happened to me at this show as it was extremely disappointing.

Saturday morning I decided to come down to the show with my 3 kids... was going to meet up with my cousin Marco and his family (who had helped Andy the day before).

Parking was good and landed a nice spot underground.

Walked into the South building and took all the escalators down to the bottom and that's when the adventure began.

I was corralled into a huge line of people waiting to buy tickets to the show. My guess is between 500-1000 people.

After 30 minutes of NOT MOVING ONE INCH I walk to the front (VIP Pass holder line) and ask what is happening?

She informed me that the show was at capacity (it was 11:30AM at this point) and that the box office was closed.

Even if I had a ticket I had to get into another huge line to get into the show?

Blown away by this I asked "THEN WHY AREN'T YOU TELLING EVERYONE HERE IN LINE WHAT IS GOING ON?" She agreed and 10 mintues after returning to my spot a lady with a megaphone informed the room that the hall was full and it might take until 2:00PM before they start letting people in.

Needless to say I took my kids and left since they were starving and I wasn't about to wait 2 hours to "possibly" get in to the show with three small kids (9 and 6 and 6)

Something else was going on with cell phone reception as no data or calls were going through so I couldn't communicate any of these issues with my cousin.

Later that night when we spoke he told me that the show wasn't full and there was tons of space to move around... especially compared to how tight walking around Fan Expo shows have been.

My question is WTF happened? I'm at the point where I think I've given up on these shows as I don't want to deal with this hassle.

This show is run by rank amateurs!! I came with my wife and 2 kids luckily another couple with a child in a stroller told us at the north building that this had happened, and we left! When Paradise had their show it was way better and more comic focused and more efficiently run, not just a cash grab. Once you prepay for your tickets to these Fan Expo @#$%S online they already have your money, they don't give a care in world if you get in the show or not. I wont be going again!!

I'm sorry to hear about the negative experiences on Saturday. My friends were there and confirmed that at one point, they weren't allowed back into the show floor. One snuck in via the food court! :)

I went on Friday and Sunday myself and had a good time with good access to artists, not too much crowding and great celebrity panels (Brandon Routh and Eliza Dushku). Perhaps, if you plan to return with the kids next time, Sunday would be the best time.