• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #40 CGC 7.5 EP *SOLD*

8 posts in this topic

Typical Board rules apply.

No probation listers, please.

First :takeit: in the thread is the ^^

PM's are always welcome.

Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail in the US and is included in the price. Shipping to Canada, add $20. Elsewhere, at exact cost via FedEx.

I'll accept PayPal, MO, or check.

Just one book for sale today. This is a tough one to price. Restored comics sometimes seem to have little rhyme nor reason to their sales data. Here's some info:

• A 7.5 MP sold for $1076 in May 2010.
  • A 7.0 MP sold for $956 in November 2011.
  • A 7.0 EA went for $2400 in April 2012.
  • A 6.5 SP sold for $1365 in October 2013.
  • There is currently a 6.0 MP on eBay for $2750.
  • GPA shows an unrestored 7.5 selling for $4952 in 2003.

The most recent near comparable sale is a 7.0 EA for $1793 in the November Heritage auction: Tec 40 7.0 EA

However, I'm not sure that sale was actually completed as it doesn't show up on GPA. Maybe the sale fell through or maybe it is a time payment sale. To quote the Heritage listing, "A seminal issue, #40 contains not only the origin and first appearance of Clayface, but also presents the first Joker cover appearance (sans white face and purple suit). The Joker story that was intended for this issue was instead used in Batman #1."

Here's what I'm asking:

• Check or money order price = $1250
  • PayPal price = $1300

detective40.jpg

detective40b.jpg