• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is why we have Fridays

305 posts in this topic

I knew that was a kid. Just look at his screen name. I asked him how old he was in a thread...I said he had to be early teens. He came back with he was 40....and I just dropped it. Would an adult be hoarding MOS 18s???

I had a couple 40 year olds buy more than one copy from me. lol

When I saw the screen name and avatar, I thought "kid" (but like 18-19)

Then he said he was 40 and had kids and about a 100 other stories about his life and family and businesses so I thought "ok" who's gonna make all that up?

Maybe he was just a really slow 40 year old with bad manners.

I would have never guessed 12...mostly because the site doesn't allow anyone that young to sign up.

I knew that was a kid. Just look at his screen name. I asked him how old he was in a thread...I said he had to be early teens. He came back with he was 40....and I just dropped it. Would an adult be hoarding MOS 18s???

His posting style was definitely closer to 15 than 40

So did he actually own the books he was selling or not?

Yes he owned them it seems.

But people were contracting with a 12 year old who never had the legal capacity to enter into such agreements. And he lied repeatedly about his age, his background, his family, and ultimately the deals he was entering into.

So owning the books was the one thing we are pretty sure was true.

:shy:

Yes I would be hoarding MOS 18's.

But people were contracting with a 12 year old who never had the legal capacity to enter into such agreements. And he lied repeatedly about his age, his background, his family, and ultimately the deals he was entering into.

(thumbs u

The legal and contractual issues aside, it was a pretty interesting and atypical collection of books for a kid his age to own and peddle. If nothing else, I admire his taste and entrepreneurial impulse.

What would have happened if he'd have actually packed and shipped the books? Would there still have been an issue?

I had a couple 40 year olds buy more than one copy from me. lol

When I saw the screen name and avatar, I thought "kid" (but like 18-19)

Then he said he was 40 and had kids and about a 100 other stories about his life and family and businesses so I thought "ok" who's gonna make all that up?

Maybe he was just a really slow 40 year old with bad manners.

I would have never guessed 12...mostly because the site doesn't allow anyone that young to sign up.

Yeah when he posted that he was 40....I just let it go. I think he posted a picture of MOS 18 that he had found in a long box somewhere. I think in the picture you could see he was on his knees in front of the book on the floor. What 40 something guy does that? If I got down on my knees I would not be able to get up. lol

Oh so he will be banned now? I did not know that CGC does not let young people sign up.

In the PMs I received from him about the Christmas raffle, I thought he seemed like a kid. But I was thinking an immature 19 or 20 year old, not a 12 year old.

(thumbs u

The legal and contractual issues aside, it was a pretty interesting and atypical collection of books for a kid his age to own and peddle. If nothing else, I admire his taste and entrepreneurial impulse.

What would have happened if he'd have actually packed and shipped the books? Would there still have been an issue?

He was buying books from boardies that were graded... for example...6.0...telling them they were 5.0 and demanding a partial refund...and then listing them for sale on the boards as 7.0.

According to accounts he did this to 6-7 boardies at minimum.

So yes, there's a problem with this guy regardless if he ships the books.

(thumbs u

I did not see what he was trying to sell. What were they? :popcorn: And where are the videos of him and his dad that people have said are on the Internet. Can someone PM them to me?