• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL Foreign Bronze Thread

195 posts in this topic

I know there was a slight uproar when the foreign thread was first created in Copper but it got me thinking that it actually isn't a bad idea to have separate threads in each age classification specifically for foreign editions. 2c

I'll kick off Bronze Age with this one. :foryou:

AllStarWestern10Mexico_zpsc133470e.jpg

That’s a good idea, Tim.

On the italian front, here’s a pair of Defenders' key issues published in the antologic "Albi dei Super-Eroi" series. #28 shows how a normal cover could have been turned into a frame picture one. That is because ASE started publishing a selection of titles which still had the frame picture covers, and others which no longer had them (like the Defenders) and thus choose to uniform them all and use picture frame covers. :)

eutIQh6h.jpg

5j9lnORh.jpg

:o Tim never new you had this book in your collection Awesome find !! Big thanks for adding this to the thread, I'll be posting some of my stuff here (thumbs u
Yeah... I've got the first two All-Star Westerns and WWT from #12 through #17. You'd be :sick: if you knew what I was able to pick this one up for. lol Especially considering that, as far as I know, none of us have even seen another copy let alone one this nice.

Here is a fun one an Australian copy / reprint of Marvel Preview 4 from 1980. It would be fun to know how many were printed. Have a magazine box full of UK Weeklys, but those are common for the most part.

scan0012_zpsbf86e1e2.jpg

Since the bronze Philippine editions have its own thread, I guess I won't be contributing much here. But I'll be dominating that one! Acquired a few recently and taking pics of those require a lot of work!

Since the bronze Philippine editions have its own thread, I guess I won't be contributing much here. But I'll be dominating that one! Acquired a few recently and taking pics of those require a lot of work!
If you just acquired some more then you can let go of some of the ones you already had. :baiting:lol

If you just acquired some more then you can let go of some of the ones you already had. :baiting:lol

If you only knew what titles those are. Can I interest you with some Archies? :grin:

I seem to recall someone posting some old foreign Archies in the original foreign thread. Was it porcupine?

I guess I won't be contributing much here anything at all.

...except maybe for smart alecky statements and such.