• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL Foreign Bronze Thread

195 posts in this topic

Ronnie, as I explained you, he is not dishonest – he did nothing to misrepresent the books in his descriptions: he clearly wrote "reprints", I just suggested him to be even more clear as some of you american collectors generically use the term "reprints" to indicate foreign editions, while these were proper reprints of vintage books.

That’s why I always insist on the vocabulary. ;)

Was happy to add this one to my collection this week. Supposedly one of the tougher 227 variants, and in pretty high grade.

227%20arabic_zpsr4wh76zv.jpg

(worship)

It was a reprint, so he returned it, but they seem well done for being reprints. (thumbs u

I seen that listing at ebay and the seller is dishonest because he is not disclosing the year it was published

I seen that listing at ebay and the seller is dishonest because he is not disclosing the year it was published

The years of the original editions are stated (1960s-70s) but he’s unclear when using the term "reprint". Whether this is just incidental or maliciously done on purpose I could not say: he sounded like a nice guy.

The years of the original editions are stated (1960s-70s) but he’s unclear when using the term "reprint". Whether this is just incidental or maliciously done on purpose I could not say: he sounded like a nice guy.

That reprint is from the late 90´s , people think that he is using the term "reprint" instead of variant so they are paying a lot more , here´s another listing he made the same scam with a tec variant reprint from the 90´s not disclosing the year Tec

Since Halloween is coming around the corner I thought I would add this variant to the thread.

One of my favorite Wrightson covers.

On this copy I like that I can see the full artwork. The kid's back isn't cut off on the right and the other kid's foot isn't cut off on the bottom.

HOS_96Phil_zpspsllxmid.jpg

Since Halloween is coming around the corner I thought I would add this variant to the thread.

One of my favorite Wrightson covers.

On this copy I like that I can see the full artwork. The kid's back isn't cut off on the right and the other kid's foot isn't cut off on the bottom.

HOS_96Phil_zpspsllxmid.jpg

Looks like a nice National Bookstore! We are still hoping beyond hope a HOS 92 exists! No definitive proof but its possible. :wishluck:

Haven't been here in a while.

Very interesting article!

From being the rare version of SW1, the Alemar's edition became common with the National edition probably non-existent!

The Manila branch of Alemar's probably closed in the mid-'80s but their Cubao branch far outlived it. Probably closed in the early '90s. It's also interesting that Shakey's 2nd branch happens to be in Cubao too.