• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL Foreign Bronze Thread

195 posts in this topic

I stumbled across the book and bought it as a curiosity, but it will probably land in another collection. The odd thing this shows up as the version from Norway when I google the book yet looking at the cover it states Finland.

BdFAy7BCMAAJ1OK_zpsubbfgu3e.jpg

I stumbled across the book and bought it as a curiosity, but it will probably land in another collection. The odd thing this shows up as the version from Norway when I google the book yet looking at the cover it states Finland.

It's from Sweden (me too). Finland is bi-languish so the first price is in Swedish crowns and the second in Finnish marks. A small part is exported to Finland from Sweden to Swedish speaking people in Finland.

It's from Sweden (me too). Finland is bi-languish so the first price is in Swedish crowns and the second in Finnish marks. A small part is exported to Finland from Sweden to Swedish speaking people in Finland.

Thanks the first version with the title in English is Swedish as well?

Thanks the first version with the title in English is Swedish as well?

It's says published be SEMIC in Oslo and printed in Finland, so it's Norwegian. SEMIC also published comic-books i Sweden, but then the address is Sundbyberg (a suburb to Stockholm) and those too where printed in Finland (most likely cheaper).

Only thing I can tell you If you bought this copy from Ghas the seller on e-bay & there are few more sellers like them. The make reprints of these books mostly the Neal Adams ones ! I have a few friends on the FCC boards that can help you get more answers on this book. Please talk to Tony, Tim, or Matt and let me know how it goes (thumbs u

http://www.foreigncomicdb.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Your one does not look like a reprint – while I was looking at his listings I bought a pair, and there was clearly stated they were reprints (the cover paper is very white and it shows the interiors are probably scanned and digitallyr restored).

Your copy has some wear, and from the cover printing it does not look as a reprint – you should be able to tell by checking the degree of whiteness of the paper: if the white point is a blinding white, it’s unlikely that the book is from the 1960s-70s. That as a general rule, of course. (thumbs u

I talked to the guy at length. Seems like a good guy and wasn't trying to deceive anyone. He gave me a refund immediately. He marked them as reprints, but the "originals" were also reprints of the US 227. Just confusing.

I didn't get the impression that he was out to scam anyone after speaking with him.

Hope October reported these scammers to e-bay & made them describe there listings better, who know how many fake books they sold to people not knowing what there really getting :mad:

As Andy said, he is not a scammer. He is a lebanese engineer which studied in Italy and we talked (in italian). He just used the term "reprint" in its correct meaning: they are effectively reprints he has produced with others of the original 1960s-70s editions.

He was super-nice to deal with, he canceled my transaction as I asked him to, and I advised him to describe the books even more in detail, to avoid confusion. (thumbs u