• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEIRD SCIENCE-FANTASY 23

6 posts in this topic

I have this book currently up for sale and thought I'd solicit opinions on the actual technical grade primarily due to the detached staple...I'm not quite sure what the maximum grade would be for CGC...or OSPG for that matter.

Opinions are welcome and appreciated... (thumbs u

WEIRD SCIENCE-FANTASY 23

MARCH 1954

Wally Wood cover/rocket ship cover. Stories include “The Children” (Wally Wood), “Fish Story” (Al Williamson), “The Flying Machine” adapted from a story by Ray Bradbury (Bernard Krigstein) and “Fair Trade”. Also one page/text only story “Ninth Wonder” and Cosmic Correspondence letters page. Cool inside front cover E.C. Fan –Addict Club ad. Cool ad page for new E.C. humor mag/comic Panic.

Not sure what actual technical grade to assign this book...please read my grading notes and you be the judge...

Really nicely presenting copy for the grade! Generally FN/FN+ in presentation but the top staple has popped and the cover is detached at that location; securely fastened at bottom staple. Minimal spine wear with a teeny transverse piece missing just to the left of the rocket’s bottom left wing. A couple of small transverse ticks and a little tick/dent (above the “RD”) at top edge. Super clean/razor sharp right and bottom edges. Razor sharp top and bottom right corners and nice spine corners as well…1/4-inch split at top spine corner. NCB transverse rack stress at bottom staple and a hint of NCB parallel reader’s crease. Some light reddish color transfer in the white background to the right of “D” and around “SCIENCE-FANTASY”.

Back cover is in excellent shape with mild spine wear…crease-free! Inside covers are dust-shadow free but have light reddish ink transfer at both front and back inside covers (color coming from the front and back covers). Interior off-white to white pages are in excellent overall shape…COMPLETE! Structure is excellent with near-perfect registration…perfectly centered rust-free staples. “Rick Johnson” hand-written in pencil twice at bottom margin of the 1st page of “Fish Story”.

WSF_23_FC_zps3578adbf.jpg

WSF_23_BC_zps6a4f60e6.jpg