• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romances Just in Time for Valentine's Day! ***15% Off***

131 posts in this topic

Teen-Age Romances #38 GD OPG $37 Your Price $50

Okay... The paper that you see outside of the book is not because the centerfold is loose. It's a mis-print, and the centerfold was mis-cut. The comic only has one staple -- but that's how it was printed.

One of the more suggestive covers by Baker.

TeenageRomances38023_zpsaba81488.jpg

Okay... The paper that you see outside of the book is not because the centerfold is loose. It's a mis-print, and the centerfold was mis-cut. The comic only has one staple -- but that's how it was printed.

:takeit:

That's all the St. John's I have.

I may have some later Baker when he was teamed up with Colletta at Atlas/Marvel, but I won't get to those until later.

I'm going to scan another half dozen books, post those, and then call it a night.

I am a big fan of VF or better line drawn Atlas books with dark blue, purple, or black covers.... when I can afford them..... especilly Colletta covers... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's cool that you're not looking for anything specific. :D

Romantic Adventures #25 GD/VG OPG $13 Your Price $9!

Richard Huges was insane, but that is good all of us. His ACG books always teetered on the edge of psychedelica. Some bleed through from the interior near the "res" in Adventures.

Great war cover.

RomanticAdventures25026_zps7eba125b.jpg

Love Memories #3 GD OPG $10 Your Price $7

Fawcetts were just so goody-goody. No bondage here, no sir, no how. Great photo covers, though.

Pieces out of the spine on the back cover.

LoveMemories3027_zps6d92fc70.jpg

Romantic Adventures #25 GD/VG OPG $13 Your Price $9!

Richard Huges was insane, but that is good all of us. His ACG books always teetered on the edge of psychedelica. Some bleed through from the interior near the "res" in Adventures.

Great war cover.

RomanticAdventures25026_zps7eba125b.jpg

I'll take it

Love Diary #3 VG- OPG $27 Your Price $20!

Pre-1950 romance comics are not that common. Even less common is stuff from Our Publications.

This has a Bernie Krigstein story in it.

AND LOOK AT THE EXPRESSION ON THAT WOMAN'S FACE!? Oh, the disgust.

Tiniest of pieces out at the upper right-hand edge of the cover.

LoveDiary028_zps6a9b1c61.jpg

Boy Loves Girl #27 GD/VG OPG $13 Your Price $7

Lev Gleason books after the war leave me with a feeling of blah. A couple of cool things about this one, though. It's the third issue as LG was starting to go full out with romances.

Second, it has a pretty suggestive cover.

Third, the inside front cover (and maybe all Gleason books did this) had a huge disclaimer at the top which would've been visible if it were stripped and put back out for sale saying to do so is illegal.

Slight moisture waviness at the top of the back goes through the last half of the book. And there's that corner out of the bottom right hand area.

BoyLovesGirl27029_zpsd5b4d4a2.jpg

Boy Loves Girl #27 GD/VG OPG $13 Your Price $7

Lev Gleason books after the war leave me with a feeling of blah. A couple of cool things about this one, though. It's the third issue as LG was starting to go full out with romances.

Second, it has a pretty suggestive cover.

Third, the inside front cover (and maybe all Gleason books did this) had a huge disclaimer at the top which would've been visible if it were stripped and put back out for sale saying to do so is illegal.

Slight moisture waviness at the top of the back goes through the last half of the book. And there's that corner out of the bottom right hand area.

BoyLovesGirl27029_zpsd5b4d4a2.jpg

Last one of the night.

Diary Loves #2 (#1) VG- OPG $35 Your Price $25

Before there was all this Matt Baker love, there was Bill Ward love. Remember that? The early 90s was all about Ward and his larger-than-life ladies.

He couldn't draw women's heads, though. Ugh.

Love the diary motif of the corners.

Slight spine roll. Otherwise just well read.

DiaryLoves2030_zps0abeaacd.jpg