• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romances Just in Time for Valentine's Day! ***15% Off***

131 posts in this topic

Intimate Love #11 VG- OPG $13 Your price $10!

Standard Comics may be the most underrated publisher of the 50s. They had great art from the likes of Toth, Peppe, Saaf, Tuska, and Severin. They had solid covers. The stories weren't too wordy.

I've decided that I'm going to keep my DC romance books and just focus on those, and I almost added the Standards to that list, too.

Only one staple on this one, and the cover's just hanging on. Otherwise a decent low-to-mid grade.

IntimateLove11052_zpsfe691353.jpg

First Love Illustrated #33 FN OPG $21 Your price $15!

I hate it when publishers hide a part of the title of the comic. This comic is First Love, right? No... see that Illustrated down there? Yeah, it's hidden.

Nice mid-grade, pre-code Harvey.

FirstLove33053_zps52d8d439.jpg

First Love Illustrated #33 FN OPG $21 Your price $15!

I hate it when publishers hide a part of the title of the comic. This comic is First Love, right? No... see that Illustrated down there? Yeah, it's hidden.

Nice mid-grade, pre-code Harvey.

FirstLove33053_zps52d8d439.jpg

:takeit:

Gorgeous cover!

Love Romances #8 GD OPG $14 Your price $12!

Was Lydia Parker guilty? Who knows! We're out sailing!

A few cool things about this one, starting off with it's just a really early Atlas romance. Another is that it has a Marvel Comics logo on it (which was pretty rare). And last there's a Joe Kubert story (which isn't his best, but whatever).

Spine split at the bottom, foxing, a tear on the back cover. It's a Good. But it's a great Good.

LoveRomances8054_zps918f5fe0.jpg

Radiant Love #5 VG OPG $20 Your price $13!

This was part of the Key Publications group (published here under Gillmor). The art in these wasn't great, but there were full of various sauciness. There's a spanking panel in this, low cut dresses, you name it. Tough to find, that's for sure.

A slight spine roll drops this to a VG.

RadiantLove5056_zps550b0dd1.jpg

Tender Love Stories #1 VG- OPG $8 Your price $4!

Oh, Skywald, you scamp of a company. Your comics were just so mediocre when Marvel was putting out great stuff and DC was at least trying.

These aren't easy to come by, but there is only 1 or 2 new stories in this and the rest are reprints where they just added sideburns and bellbottoms to the art.

Piece out of the top of the spine. Still nice.

TenderLove1057_zpsce709acb.jpg

True Life Tales #2 GD/VG OPG $19 Your price $15!

I know some people pooh-pooh romance comics, but it likely saved Timely's . From late 1949 to 1952, half of their titles were romance books. They were just churning them out.

Nice photo cover. Some wear on the comic, but the cover is tight and it's a pretty good quality lower grade book.

TrueLifeTales2058_zpsb125904e.jpg

Last one for the night...

Young Love #55 VG/FN OPG $29 Your price $25!

Two great things about this one. First, the John Prentice cover (which looks so Buscema-y to me) and story about girl gangs is awesome. Second is one of the last Simon/Kirby romance stories. They weren't together much longer after this.

Nice book. Small chip just above the bottom right hand corner.

YoungLove55059_zpscb5cd7b5.jpg

Tender Love Stories #1 VG- OPG $8 Your price $4!

Oh, Skywald, you scamp of a company. Your comics were just so mediocre when Marvel was putting out great stuff and DC was at least trying.

These aren't easy to come by, but there is only 1 or 2 new stories in this and the rest are reprints where they just added sideburns and bellbottoms to the art.

Piece out of the top of the spine. Still nice.

TenderLove1057_zpsce709acb.jpg

:takeit:

I think I'm going to end this particular sale with the stuff from last night, as it's sort of petered out. As I mentioned earlier, everything is 15% off.

PM me with any questions.

Take 15% Off All Romance Comics!

Perfect Love #10 FN/VF $55

Love and Marriage #12 GD/VG $10

Great Lover Romances #7 VG $14

My Experience #21 VG- $40

Secret Story Romance #1 FN+ $50

Mr. Anthony's Love Clinic #2 GD $9

My Own Romance #19 FN/VF $38

Teen-Age Romance #30 GD $12

Love Memories #3 GD $7

Love Diary #3 VG- $20