• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic Expo April 24 - 27 2014

296 posts in this topic

Then I met everyone. :)

I admit it was quick but I spoke to everyone at that booth a few times. It will be better next year when I attend all 4 days.

Calgary Expo April, 2015 inside booth rate up a little bit to $750. Quad booth seems to be a good buy discounted to $2,600 for 2 corner booths and 2 inside booths. 1 corner booth for $850 also a good value for better foot traffic if the corners are not sold out :wishluck: due to immediate online renewals.

Calgary Expo April, 2015 inside booth rate up a little bit to $750. Quad booth seems to be a good buy discounted to $1,300 for 2 corner booths and 2 inside booths. 1 corner booth for $850 also a good value for better foot traffic if the corners are not sold out :wishluck: due to immediate online renewals.

A corner booth looks to be the best deal, other than the quad booth option being the better above. You get 2 walls in a corner booth and possible one good size square table (or 2 regular tables). That would give you lot of good views from 2 point of viewing. Someone should be prepared to swoop up the minute Calgary Expo online website begin offering these booth options!

I would be watching for the weekend pass to be offered sometime later this year. I'm thinking to do the road trip with my van. I could help with the cargo stuff for someone needing to bring to Calgary - something to consider. I have a friend there that I can crash for sleeping - no problem for me to have a place in staying. (thumbs u

I admit it was quick but I spoke to everyone at that booth a few times. It will be better next year when I attend all 4 days.

Must have missed you or didn't know who you were. Next year join us for a beer and dinner.

Must have missed you or didn't know who you were. Next year join us for a beer and dinner.

For sure. We talked about dinner on Saturday but when I got back to the room I fell and couldn't get up. lol

Inside booth # 515 centrally located fairly close to front entrance of Expo will be available for April, 2015 Calgary Expo, as the Comic Finder is retiring from out of town cons. Booth # 514 will likely be grabbed by a Winnipeg dealer looking to expand from 2 corner booths next to # 514 to 3 booths in an L shape.

Inside booth # 515 centrally located fairly close to front entrance of Expo will be available for April, 2015 Calgary Expo, as the Comic Finder is retiring from out of town cons. Booth # 514 will likely be grabbed by a Winnipeg dealer looking to expand from 2 corner booths next to # 514 to 3 booths in an L shape.

Wait... am I to assume that means the folks of Calgary Expo are already out offering the booth spaces to sellers... NOW, right? That is fast! :o

Yes, Calgary Expo vendors can reserve their current booth(s) or try to move to a better corner booth(s) starting May 1/14. Will sell out unlike Vancouver Fan Expo where the organizer/promoter did not update the website with confirmed decent comic guests until a scant one (1) month doh! before the show then hope some back issue vendors would PLEASE take a chance on the Vancouver comicon.

Man... I'm starting to like the road trip more. :grin:

Calgary Expo is very well managed. They do things right.

The staff is the way staff should be....helpful. Come Sunday you could see some cracks in the smiles but it's a long 4 days and they all went in with the right attitude. The only other con where I was so impressed by the staff is Amazing Arizona.

Plus it was nice of the Calgary Expo promoter to walk around and introduce himself to all the vendors else you would just recognize his name from emails. Good crowd control and wide aisles for traffic flow that had to be kept moving.

Primary Calgary promoter also usually able to reply to vendor emails and concerns (e.g. about comicon hotels) within 1 day. Good attention to detail and follow up. (thumbs u

Plus it was nice of the Calgary Expo promoter to walk around and introduce himself to all the vendors else you would just recognize his name from emails. Good crowd control and wide aisles for traffic flow that had to be kept moving.

Primary Calgary promoter also usually able to reply to vendor emails and concerns (e.g. about comicon hotels) within 1 day. Good attention to detail and follow up. (thumbs u

Now THAT is what customer service is about! :applause:

Now THAT is what customer service is about! :applause:

And volunteers at every exit during load out directing traffic. I even noticed a 20 person line waiting for hand carts rather than a free for all - bloody polite Canadians....